The Battle Begins | Teen Ink

The Battle Begins

By Money.Man. SILVER, Brownsville, Oregon
Money.Man. SILVER, Brownsville, Oregon

"We run, not because we think it is doing us good, but because we enjoy it and cannot help ourselves...The more restricted our society and work become, the more necessary it will be to find some outlet for this craving for freedom. No one can say, 'You must not run faster than this, or hump higher than that.' The human spirit is indomitable."Sir Roger Bannister

As the light starts to flow in to my cottage on the outskirts of Castle Redmont. I slowly get out of bed and put on my leather boots, chain mail, and sling my light weighted sword over back. Suddenly I hear footsteps outside my cottage and wonder who it could be at this hour. Cautiously I peek through my window and find outside a group of forty armed men that were ransacking outside looking for anything they could sell for money. Quickly I go out my back door and quietly run through the forest when the first arrow hits the tree behind me. I duck under a bush and wait for the arrows to stop being fired. Slowly I look through the bush a hear the men talking about them being paid to kill me because I am one of the greatest Knights of Castle Redmont and there employer is paying 20,000 gold each if they can bring my body to him dead.

Thinking to myself I wonder Why me? What purpose would someone what me dead? Then I realize I am the best knight it Redmont so I am told and with out me there will not to be much protection for the king. Carefully I get up from the bush I am hiding under. Out of nowhere an arrow hit’s me in the arm and I fall to the ground screaming in pain. The leader of there group tells me to get up an so I do then they bind my hands and throw me on one of the spare horses they have with them. They tell me to get on the horse and so I do.

Soon we are the road and our way to Graywall Desert. We get to there employers camp and I notice that there are thousands of men wearing battle gear and horses all over the place. They lead me into the main tent and throw me in front a bearded 6foot 1inch that looks like he could really give me a beating.
“ Who do we have here? “One of the King’s famous knights I presume”? “Johnson get me a crossbow we will get this man to talk one way or another”.
“Whatever you say my league.” I few seconds later he returns with a crossbow and points it at my head
“ Your going to tell me what I need to know or I am going kill right here right now”.
“Never I tell him”.

“Very well then I guess this is the end for you”.

To Be Continued…

I wrote this piece because the medieval times are favorite time period and I love knights and castles and those kinds of things

Money.Man. SILVER, Brownsville, Oregon

Please rate my article and tell your friends to rate it!!!!