Vampire

I felt the warmth of her skin fade away into coldness. A shell lay in my arms. The sweet taste of her filled my veins. I could sense urgency in them, an importance. Then I felt a bitter after taste. A taste of bittersweet memories. Then before me was a life I had stolen and no right to have taken. Why did I take her? Why did I ever? The call of her blood so sweet to my desires. My tongue longed to feel the warmth. My senses are against my conscience. I threw her from me. A demon has possessed me! To walk through this world untouched by time and to steal the most precious gift of all!

I do not know her name. Where she came from. Whom she loved. A girl I lured and killed. I weep now. In earnest, I weep. Never again will I see the light of day, always the night. The never-ever ending night I wander through. Great ages I’ve seen. Great beauties I’ve beheld. The world will change around me while I shall stay the same. I weep. I weep for my-selfish-self.

iamAbel said...
The beginning's a bit awkward, but then it gets much better. My favorite line: "To walk through this world untouched by time and to steal the most precious gift of all!" SO good. :)

she.writes.with.red.ink replied...
Jan. 22, 2011 at 8:03 am :

I agree. I sort of think the end could be a bit better, but i just hold a grudge against the word weep... Don't Ask.

XD