Ghost Whisper | Teen Ink

Ghost Whisper

January 13, 2011
By Anonymous

Can you see us?
My name is Melinda Gordon, I am married, I live in a small town, I own an antique shop, I may be just like you, except from the time I was little girl I’ve known I could talk to the dead. Earth bound spirits my grandmother called them. There stuck here cause they have unfinished business with the living and they come to me for help. In order to tell you my story I have to tell you theirs.


I wake up at seven o’ clock in the morning. I did my routine. Which was getting dressed, brushing my teeth, brushing my hair, then going down stairs to eat breakfast.



When time was passing by I got into my car and drove to my antique shop. I arrive at nine o’ clock in the morning. As I entered my antique shop, I hear something like a whisper in the wind. Then a few seconds later I saw the tables shaking. I didn’t know why? After a few minutes later the tables stop shaking. Then I saw a ghost that had a mask on, he was tall, skinny and he had cuts on him. Then I asked him “Who are you?” his response was nothing because he didn’t answered me.



Shortly after I saw the ghost, I heard something that was coming from the basement. So I went down to the basement and I saw the ghost fighting with my dad.



Besides after twenty to thirty minutes passed by I went back up stairs. When I got back up stairs, I went into my office. Then I went on the computer to look up deaths that had happen in the last four years, with a few short minutes later one named popped up. The name was Jim Waters, he was severely injured with cuts that was on his body.



Around eight o’ clock I locked up my antique shop. Then a few minutes later I got in my car and drove home. I got home around nine o’ clock. When I walked into my house my husband was making dinner for us.



Several hours later I went up to my bedroom to go to bed. Then all of a sudden I woke up and I saw the ghost that was wearing the mask. So I asked the ghost “how do I know you?’’ Then the ghost vanished. Therefore I decided to go back to sleep.



Then it became the next day and my husband was up making breakfast for us. Shortly after we ate it was time for me to go to work. So I hoped in my car and I drove to my antique shop.



When I got to my antique shop it was ten minutes passed nine o’ clock. A few minutes later the ghost showed up. “ I know who you are” I said. The ghost didn’t say anything. “Your name is Jim Waters, you had severely injuries and cuts on you” I said. Jim Waters still said nothing. “Who killed you?” I asked. Then Jim Waters vanished.



Then several hours passed by and it was time for me to go home. So I hopped into my car, within ten to fifteen minutes later I was home with my husband. Even a hour or two passed by I was upstairs sleeping when all of a sudden I woke up.



Besides I was in the house that I grew up in with the person I called dad. So I went up stairs to where my old bedroom was and I walked over to the window and looked outside. Then I saw the person I called dad killed Jim Waters. Then I woke up and it was all a dream.



Eventually it was the next day. That I went to the house that I grew up in and my dad was with me. He said “Why don’t you go upstairs to your old bedroom.” So I walked upstairs and I walked over to the window. Then I looked outside and I saw that my dad was killing someone. So I looked at him and said “It was you that killed my father.” “Why did you do that” I asked. “Because I had to” he said.



Next thing I knew my dad was trying to kill me. Then I decided to yelled “Daddy help me!” Then the person that I thought was my dad wasn’t and he said “Your dad won’t help you now.” “I wasn’t talking to you” I said. Then he fell down the stairs and he was dead.



Later on that day like around five o’ clock I asked Jim Waters “ Do you see the light?” “Yes” he said. Then walked into the light and I knew it was all over.