Controlled

I wake up in the hospital bed. How I got there you might ask? I have no idea. In fact, I have no memory of my life at all. Everything is a blur. There’s a woman beside me, with dark hair and striking blue eyes looking at me tenderly, as if I’m a newborn child just being introduced into a new world. We stare for a long time, I notice she has a lot of wrinkles. Probably around 65. She’s now looking at me as if I’m clueless as to who she is. Which is true. I can’t speak. So she does the talking.
“How do you feel?”
I’m unable to reply.
“Do you remember anything?”
I finally find my voice. “No”
“You were in an accident.”
“What kind of accident?” My voice sounds controlled, almost robotic. Unnatural.
“Car accident” She winces at the thought.
The women then left, I could see some tears leaving her eyes. I drifted into a deep sleep, having dreams of intense blinding light and the crashing sound of metal. I saw a semi hurtling towards me. I suddenly wake up, breathing hard, sweat on my forehead and hands. Another women is sitting beside me, younger this time, probably in her twenties. She has a very determined look. It scares me.
“You don’t know who I am, do you?”
“No” I reply.
“I’m Linda, your older sister. You are Katherine. Exactly one month ago you were in a severe car accident, a semi truck ran straight into your side of the car.You’ve have been in a coma and woke up yesterday.”
“Why didn’t I die?”
“The doctors tried a new theory on you, it was a success.”
“What did they do to me? Why don’t I remember anything?”
“You don’t remember anything because your brain is being controlled by a computer.”

prettylittlewriterThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
wow, very interesting. you defiantly kept me hooked.

Dancing2222 replied...
Aug. 21, 2011 at 9:47 pm :
Thank you so much! This isn't my favorite piece I've ever written, mostly because I wrote it in like 6th grade...that and it's kinda cheesy. But I'm glad you liked it!