Vampires vs. Werewolves: On the way Home | Teen Ink

Vampires vs. Werewolves: On the way Home

By StevenWall BRONZE, Charlotte, North Carolina
StevenWall BRONZE, Charlotte, North Carolina

Do or do not there is no try.

“Hey Tom, what time is it? I asked. I am tall, about 6 ft 3in or so, and have long hair that is very fluffy, which I get from my dad. I wanted to know the time because my shift was almost over.

“Just about 10 p.m. Hey, isn’t your shift over yet?” he said. Tom had been my friend since we were both about three or four years old.

“Yeah it is. See you tomorrow Tom.” I said. I waved goodbye to him and started walking down the road that led to my apartment.
I didn’t need a car because I like walking, plus I don’t live too far away from the stores that I buy stuff from.

I left Wal-Mart and started heading straight home. The ground was sopping where it had just finished raining maybe five minutes before. Even though it had stopped, I could feel the cool air that came before and after the rains. ‘My hair was going to be poofy when I got home’ I thought to myself as I was walking the mile or so home.

I soon had a distinct feeling that something was watching me, and I was usually not wrong, so I turned around. The only thing behind me was a dog, or maybe a wolf, with dirty white fur and yellow eyes. It smelled terrible. It had obviously gotten wet in the rain. He or she, whatever, was looking at me, staring into me with the yellow eyes, which I could have sworn to have seen flash red for a split second. It wouldn’t stop staring at me. Dogs were never that focused, so I knew that something was wrong. This wasn’t a normal dog. What, did it think I was a slab of meet? It finally left after a few minutes, how weird. I swear that it was something other than a dog. I mean, have you ever seen a dog with an attention span of more than a minute or so? I didn’t think so. Plus I was a little freaked out about the whole eyes flashing red, but even now, I am not completely sure that I actually saw it.
The dog was gone, so I was just standing there staring into space, probably looking like an idiot. Maybe, maybe not. All I know is that even I thought I seemed stupid just standing there.

I needed to get home because I was so tired and I wanted to sleep. I was wondering about that dog-wolf thing with the flashing eyes, when I got to the stairs that led to my apartment. Room G on the second floor, or 2-G. when I was walking up the stairs, I noticed that my door was missing. I walked in and when I got about say 2 ft in, the door was back in place, and a second later I was attacked by something with fingers.

“Are you Steven Wall, lives in apartment 2-G and is son of Nicholas and Danielle Wall?” asked the man. His breath was seriously funky.

“One: Yes I am, Two: Buy a pack of tic-tac’s or a bottle of mouthwash, ‘cuz your breath is as kicking as Bruce Lee.” This just made him angrier. I could tell because he tightened his grip on my neck, his sharp fingernails stabbing into my skin.

He let go of me and handed me a letter. I guess he wanted me to read it so I opened it up and it read:

Dear Steven,

I know you may have questions, but they will have to wait until we meet. You are a half-Vampire, half-Human.

I Have foreseen that you will soon become a werewolf, but that may change. The man delivering the letter is Marcus, a Halfling like you. You are brothers. Your dad was a vampire since the female population can’t get pregnant.

This letter is brief but it needs to be. At this moment, werewolves are outside your door. Once you put down this letter, you need to leave.

Caludar

I looked at the chair that Marcus was sitting on, yet he wasn’t there. I heard the window slam open, and that’s exactly where he was.

“Are you crazy enough to think id jump out of the window?” I was sincere. I know that I wasn’t crazy, but I really needed to get out of here.

HOOOOOOOOWWWWWWLLLLLLLL. That came from behind my front door. I got up faster than I ever have, but it was too late. The dog I had seen earlier was the wolf in the lead, followed by three others. I flung myself out my window with Marcus behind me. I heard a SNAP, which were probably bones breaking. Marcus teleported us out of there, and into a big thing that looked like an overly large bomb shelter. Some of the Vampires gasped, and I looked down on the rug and saw blood everywhere. Not god to be in a place full of vampires with blood all around you. One vampire in particular came up and pointed to my leg and said “Are you okay” Only then did I realize that I had a chunk missing from my leg.