Finished | Teen Ink

Finished

By xGloria BRONZE, Overland Park, Kansas
xGloria BRONZE, Overland Park, Kansas

No one knows what they are about or, for that matter, where the came from. Steam rolled from the opening doors with a hissing sound that pierced the ears, almost more than an infected, rusty needle would. It was a formation no one had seen before. Our Earth could never produce something like this. No one could explain this. Whatever it was, it was out of this world. Literally.
Then, something very humanlike advanced out of the aircraft. It had a head; arms… I assumed it had legs, but they were covered up by a long black robe the creature was wearing to conceal itself. But you knew, it wasn’t a human. It’s “skin” looked burned, almost dead looking. You could tell, it wasn’t from our planet.
Screams. Screams. Screams. Screams. All you heard around you were screams of fear, screams of question, screams of worry. The creatures kept advancing. Then, more. And even more. An army of them, everywhere, surrounding the civilians. What did they want? They seemed calm, but it could possibly be a trap… A trap that could imprison us for a lifetime.
“Don’t let them touch you! Run!” I heard someone scream. The swarm of people started darting in every direction, directions maps couldn’t even determine. I started running. As I sprinted, I saw articles of clothing on the floor beneath me. A flannel shirt. A pair of ripped jeans. One shoe. As I ran farther, I saw more. But I smelled some sort of humanly smell....I stopped.
“Blood.” I whispered to myself. I suddenly looked behind me and saw the face of evil.
Then darkness.