Life in the Jugle

It’s Friday night and really late, the party just ended and it seems like the night is dead and gone now. The as I start to walk home, still thinking about the night, I hear something in the dark that I can’t see. I try to focus on what might be coming towards me, but all I can do is hear the person walking toward me. I wasn’t scared, but I was thinking, “What if this person is drunk and wants to fight me or mug me?” All I know is that anything is possible in New York in the middle of the night. I don’t know this side of town too well, so I will say I am a little shaken up about what might be about to happen. I hear a loud noise and see a bright flash. It went dark—

I am waking up. I am in an old broken down house. I don’t know where I am or what is happening. Everything is a blur. I can’t remember the party, the walk home… but I haven’t made it home! I don’t know where I am. Maybe I have been kidnapped! I am not tied up. I am in strange place. I wonder, “Am I dead?” All of the sudden I hear a loud noise coming from outside. I opened the door to look out, and I see a huge, horrific monster looking right at me. Drool drips from fangs that must be 2 inches long. I can hear the fierce growls from the monster as it leaps toward me. As my vicious attacker sinks his sharp fangs into my shoulder, I wake from my dream.