Orb Part Seven | Teen Ink

Orb Part Seven

By CandieApple PLATINUM, Hartford, Wisconsin
CandieApple PLATINUM, Hartford, Wisconsin

The world is a stage, and we are merely players- Shakespeare (at least it goes something like that!!)

Part 7

The next day I met up with Derek. I found that he was only a couple houses down so we could walk together. That’s probably why I felt I was being watched. He was behind me. I looked at him and I felt super awkward. “What are we going to do know?” I asked him.

“I want with you, but the girls will give you a hard time,” he said nervously.

“I don’t care about them, anymore,” I said. He then took my hand and when we met up with Stephanie and Carol they were shocked at first, but then got all smiley. I grinned at Derek and he smiled back at me.

Derek was right. The girls gave me a horrible time. They shot me looks that made me want to die. Derek tried to get them to back off, but it wasn’t quite working. I shrugged and kept on holding his hand bravely.

Once inside the school, I got my books and Derek got his and we headed into class. Our hands finally parted and we sat down. Girls were giving me all these types of glares and I tried (once again failing) to be small. Mrs. Burgundy finally came in and all the girls acted like angels. I hate them.

“Ok, class,” she said. “Today you get your results!” The kids groaned, again.

After class we headed to lunch and I got a lot of crap from girls. I can be with whoever I please. I sat down with Stephanie, Carol, and Derek.

“You’ve been getting a lot of crap today,” Stephanie said angrily. “Want me to kick their a****?!”

“No, no, and no,” I said. “They just give me more bull crap if you do that.” Stephanie and Carol sighed. Derek put is hand on mine and smiled reassuringly. I love him. I smiled back at him. Stephanie and Carol “awed”. I glared at them. Derek laughed. He was just too cute.

After school, Stephanie and Carol went to Steph’s house so I could be with Derek. I went over to his house. His house was a small two-story home like mine. He didn’t have any siblings and his parents were out of the house, which made me feel uneasy, but I trusted Derek.

We went inside his house and up the stairs to his room. Once inside, his room was very nicely decorated. His walls were a beige color and he hand a twin-size bed. On his nightstand was a picture of his parents. On his dresser he had a nice sized T.V. He had a couch near the T.V.

“Nice room,” I said smiling. He shut the door behind us and I flopped onto his couch. “Do you mind if I sit here?” I asked.

“Well, if you’re already sitting, I guess not,” he laughed. He sat next to me. I felt my face get hot, get really hot. His face got close to mine again and we kissed. His lips were warm and soft against mine. When we ended he got up and took my hand. I sat there like an idiot. What was he doing? “I’ve been meaning to tell you something,” he said nervously. I sat there waiting. He pulled me up off the couch. I looked into his eyes trying to figure out what he was going to say. I was clueless. “Close your eyes,” he whispered into my ear. I heard a loud noise I couldn’t explain. I kept my eyes closed waiting for whatever was coming. “Open,” he said.

I opened my eyes and in front of me I saw an orb of light. I was confused. There wasn’t any light of that kind. What was it?

“Derek?’ I called out for him. “Where are you?”

“Here,” I heard his voice.

“I can’t see you,” I said getting scared and confused.

“In front of you,” he said. He was the orb of light. Derek was the orb. I stood there, frozen.

“Derek?” I said to the orb.

“Yes,” the orb answered.

“W-What happened?!” I asked starting to freak out.

“Let me explain,” he said. “I’ve come from another planet. One not discovered yet, hidden in secrecy. Our planet is dying and we need that “pearl” you have. It’s our planet’s power source. And it’s fallen into the Earth’s hands and you have it. I came here to retrieve it.”

“So, you’ve come to earth to get my pearl?” I asked.

“Yes,” he agreed.

“So, you’ve been using me as a way to get to the pearl?” I said angrily. “You’ve been, been, seducing me so that you can get to the pearl?!”

“N-No!” Derek said bewildered. “You’ve gotten it all wrong! I came here just to get it, but have fallen in love with you, Maddie. With you! I love you!”

“I don’t believe it,” I said angrily.

“Maddie, don’t do this to me,” he said pleading. “I love you!”

He turned back into a human. He gave me sad and confused eyes. I love him too. I love him to death. But it feels like he’s been using me to get to my pearl. But I looked into those sad eyes and realized he wasn’t lying.

“Oh, Derek,” I said giving in to those eyes. “I love you too!” I wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him tightly.

“Thank you,” he whispered into my ear.

I hope you enjoy this one too! Thank you! :]

on Apr. 15 2011 at 4:25 am
Mangojuice BRONZE, Seoul, Other

Yeah you did, you did a lot.

Ok :) Nah, I didn't mind waiting :) 

on Apr. 14 2011 at 4:54 pm

Oh gawd, lol.  I guess "soon" means in April. *sigh*  Sorry, but just so you know the final part of Orb is pending so...If you get the time and still want to know how it ends...just thought I'd tell you it should be up in a few weeks. :D

If you didn't mind me waiting so long. -__-;

on Jan. 19 2011 at 1:50 am
Mangojuice BRONZE, Seoul, Other

Yeah you did, you did a lot.

okey dokey!! But don't tell me that Stephenie and Carol are from another planets and that they are also here to get Maddie's pearl.... That'd be too much for Maddie to handle!! XD 

on Jan. 18 2011 at 4:21 pm

I'll post soon! :D

on Jan. 18 2011 at 7:07 am
Mangojuice BRONZE, Seoul, Other

Yeah you did, you did a lot.

Oh gosh. You've gotta continue. But I'm getting suspicious of Derek Anderson... what if he IS lying to Maddie? :( Write more soon!!! XD