Too Late | Teen Ink

Too Late

October 29, 2010
By Roselle7 GOLD, Grand Island, Nebraska
Roselle7 GOLD, Grand Island, Nebraska
18 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"If we bottled your luck, we'd have a weapon of mass destruction on our hands!"-Edward, from Stephenie Meyer's 'Twilight' Saga


It was too good to be true, too close to be real. I held my breath as death raced through my veins, capturing my heart as my mind surrendered easily. Things could not have turned out better. It wasn’t painful, just full of suspense and wonder. There was no fear. Adrenaline did not chase the venom through my body as I had expected, instead, I felt calm, relaxed, even peaceful. I could feel life racing away like a train fleeting through a tunnel, and I could see the light ahead of me. How odd, I could feel it, too. The back of my eyelids grew warm, and I opened them slowly, ready to embrace the light one last time. It took a while for things to take shape, for my mind to decipher the shadows just inches above my face. Within the shadows were two almond shape openings, inside of the almonds were seas of endless, metallic silver. I tried to reach up for them, forgetting my death wish to fulfill the oncoming yearning; the yearning to dive into the sea above me, to explore into its depths and to learn the very morals of life. These seas held everything I ever needed, and, in fact, I could just gaze at them for hours, days, probably years without feeling the need to look away. That’s when the panic kicked in. I wasn’t ready to be rescued, there was no need to be rescued from the smooth seas of mercury. I didn’t want to die. A voice echoed inside my almost empty mind. A voice of truth, pushing my eyes out of focus and forcing me to succumb to the new waves of black in my head.

It’s too late.


The author's comments:
This is just a piece of a story I am beginning to write, and I'm just looking for some feedback on how it's written. Any comments will be appreciated! Thanks.