Assassin's Creed:Darkness part 4 | Teen Ink

Assassin's Creed:Darkness part 4

By VampireX GOLD, Spotsylvania, Virginia
VampireX GOLD, Spotsylvania, Virginia

“We are not dealing with an amateur.” Alex said after a long pause. “This man is an expert,” Travis said, “like he was trained.” John looked over at Carolyn, who had her head in her hands. She had been like that since she told them the news. He walked over, “Are you ok?” She lifted her head, a look of intense pain on her face, “I just stood there.” She almost whispered. John put a hand on her shoulder, “You were shocked,” he said, “I would have been too.” She put her head back down and said nothing. “What are we going to do?” asked Mike. Before anyone could say anything the door burst open. Jordan marched in dragging a teenager of about 18. “Look who just tried to kill me.” Jordan said, throwing the kid to the center of the floor. Carolyn shot up, a look of anger on her face, “He’s wearing the same uniform that man wore!” she practically screamed. The boy looked around like a scared rabbit.
“Please,” he said, “I’m just learning, don’t kill me.” Travis cocked his head, “What do you mean ‘learning’?” The boy looked towards Travis like a man who was hanging on for dear life. “He trains us,” he said, “he says he’ll pay us handsomely. I only needed the money for my sister.” He looked around, “She’s only six and living on the streets.” John crouched before the boy and the boy backed away. “Who is he?” The boy looked terrified, “I don’t know,” he said, “he wears a mask all the time, but he calls himself the Vampire.” We looked at each other, the boy whimpering on the floor in front of us. “Let him go.” John said finally. “He could tell this Vampire where we are.” Mike said, claw now replacing his hand.
Jordan leaned closer to the boy. “He won’t,” he said calmly, “because if he does I’ll kill him myself.” The boy flinched in terror, and then ran to the door. John walked back to his chair and slumped into it. “The Vampire didn’t wear a mask when he attacked us.” Carolyn said. “Masks can attract attention.” Mike said calmly.
Outside the boy ran into an alleyway. He had never been so terrified in his life. There was the Vampire, waiting for him. “You did well.” He said. “But they caught me.” The boy said, confused. “You led me right to them.” The Vampire said matter-of-factly. The boy was confused, but didn’t inquire further. “Can I get paid?” he asked. The Vampire smiled, “You’re about to get the biggest reward ever.”
The boy smiled, eyes full of hope. I walked forward and slashed his neck. He spun as he fell, so that when he hit the ground his back was to me. I walked over his body and stopped in front of the building. This was going to be fun.