When My Life Changed | Teen Ink

When My Life Changed

By AntonG** BRONZE, El Progreso, Florida
AntonG** BRONZE, El Progreso, Florida

This is the day, the day of the big race. I need to win but not only for my family and their money, but for me and, and my honor. Each second that passes by I tell myself that I am the best athlete in this race, and I believe it. This is the most important race in all Central and South America, and takes place in San Pedro Sula, Honduras. I can already imagine myself running as fast as I can in the last 200 meters before I get to the finish line. And that giant trophy waving in the hands of a beauty, and shining in the distance. I bet there is also a delicious, tasty piña colada waiting to vanish in my mouth. But all of that is only a fantasy. In this moment I am taking a cool shower 7 hours before the race starts.

As usual my mom wanted to get very early to the race, so she hurried me up. When I finished changing my mom was even beeping the horn, so I opened the window and told her that I was going to be down in a second. Strangely I noticed a broken branch in the yard, and we have no trees nearby. Annoyingly my mom started beeping the horn again, so I ran down the stairs and the worst thing that could happen in that moment … Happened. I fell, rolled and flew down the stairs like a baby bird that tried to fly for the first time in a cliff and didn’t make it. I shouted and yelled with pain. My mom ran out of the car towards me to check if I was ok. I immobilized in the floor cried with extreme pain while my mother just told me I was going to be fine. Still I knew I wasn’t going to be fine, suddenly I fainted. When I woke up I just heard the voice of my doctor that told me: “You won’t be able to run the race, you have broken your leg.” I saw the cast on my leg. I looked around and saw my mom crying in a cozy sofa.

I couldn´t accept the idea that I wasn’t going to race, so I started, thinking about what could I do to fix my problem. That was when suddenly I remembered about looking at a program of the NASA in the Discovery Chanel, which said that the NASA had invented a time machine, it also said this time machine had a cost of $350,000. That was when my light bulb turned on. I told the doctor to leave me alone with my parents. Then I told them about the time machine, and that I could use it to bring time back. This way I could change the past to prevent me from breaking my leg.

I stayed discussing with them for about half an hour, until I convinced them to buy the time machine and bring it in a jet to Honduras. The jet was to come in a flash, just a mere 25 minutes. When the jet came the race was going to start in 4 hours. A bunch of scientists came down the jet, pulling the time machine out as if it was a delicate piece of glass.

I was in a wheelchair, but still exited. The scientist told me that it was only me who would notice the time went back. After 10 minutes, I was ready and the countdown started 5, 4, 3, 2, 1…… suddenly I heard my mom shout, it was her telling me to hurry up, so we didn’t get late to the race. That was when I noticed it actually worked. I couldn’t believe that this time travel even made me the youngest person that had traveled in time in all history. I was already aware that if I ran down the stairs I would fall, so I slowly walked down. Thankfully I didn’t fall and break my leg. I was very excited that I was now going to be able to run the race. My mom was in the opposite side of the rode waiting for me. I came out of the house and stopped in the sidewalk, I stared to each side of the rode and then started to cross, that was when I saw the broken branch again, but in a different place, suddenly I heard a horn that beep and……..BANG!!!! A car crashed into me with a tremendous strength. Again, again, why again, I asked myself.

My mom took me to the hospital and a doctor told me I broke my leg. In the next few hours everything happened as the first time, I convinced my parents to buy the time machine, it came in a jet and lots of scientist got ready. I knew I was the only one that was going to notice time go back, so I didn’t bother to hear the scientist. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1…. Suddenly I heard my mom shout. It was her again telling me to hurry up, so we didn’t get late to the race, I knew what could happen to me so I walked slowly down the stairs and checked for cars coming.

This time I made it safely to the car. My mom turned on the car, and we left the house. Finally I didn’t break my leg. We were heading to the race while I thought about the broken branch, then……. I saw it. I could not believe it, I saw the branch again, so I was not safe, I told my mom to stop the car but she didn’t .Then I heard a noisy, extremely loud sound, like a grenade, It was the front tire that exploded, my mom lost the control of the car and we crashed; the ambulance came and took us both to the hospital, when the doctor came I just told him: “I know, I broke my leg.

This time I told my father about the branch, and that he had bought me a time machine. Luckily he believed me. This time I told him to bring only the best scientist among the best, instead of asking for the time machine. He told me asking only for the scientist was strange, but I still convince him. He got here in only 20 minutes. I explained him that I had bought the time machine and gone to the past again and again, but I could never change the future. I talked to him for almost one hour. At the end he told me that I will never be able to change the past to change the future, not only because it is nature, and that things should happen the way they happen, but said that I is because we don’t see it, or understand it but what we live is already what we changed or think we changed. He told me time is like water of a stream, once it passes by it does not pass again. Then he just told me to face life as it came and accept the truth. Then he left.

I felt sad, but at the same time I felt that a reasoning part on my brain was turned on. My parents took me to the race, but I was in a wheelchair, I was only one more expatiator, but I felt proud in some way, I faced life. Then I told myself “I’ll try nest year”, that was when my life changed forever.

This story will make readers understand that they need to face life as it comes, and no matter how much they want to change something natue will not let them because what happened already happened.

AntonG** BRONZE, El Progreso, Florida

beautiful, exelent, keep writing