the Rise of the Robots Part III

The Rise of the Robots Part III
Doctor Kay
(2000+ years after Axel incident)

“This is really interesting.” Doctor Kay said, examining L, “It appears that this ‘boy’ that you found is a robot.”
“That’s impossible.” Relena said, “I haven’t seen any robot like this.”
L looked up. He was lying on a table with his front facing upward. Cool air brushed over his bare chest. Sitting his head up, he saw that his skin over his stomach was sliced open and that Doctor Kay was looking at his machine interior.
“The detail is amazing.” Doctor Kay said, quietly, “You, my friend, are one of a kind. Look, you even have the skin of a real lung mixed in with your robotic lung.”
Sitting up suddenly, L looked around.
“I didn’t do that.” L said, “All I got was the DNA of a boy and made my self a shell. After that, I took parts from other robots and install them in the shell. I even made a replica of a human brain.”
Doctor Kay rubbed his overgrown white hair and began to stroke his small white beard. His gnarled hands and skin moved with his arms as he began to look towards Relena.
“This man is becoming a human.” He said, “I took a look at his brain and guess what?”
“What?” Relena asked.
“He has a human brain!” Doctor Kay exclaimed.
“What?” A voice said from behind.
Turning around, Relena saw a man dressed in a black suit with a red tie. Walking into the light, she saw that he had brown hair, brown eyes, and a five o’ clock shadow.
“Father!” She exclaimed, “I didn’t know that you would be here.”
Her father smiled and walked forward.
“I didn’t think that you would bring a robot into this place.” He said, “Or rather, a cyborg.”
Relena fell to her knees.
“Please, father” She said, “Can he stay with us?”
Sighing, he looked around. Stepping forward, he looked into L’s eyes.
“Are you part of Project Asimov?” He asked.
L shook his head. Sighing in relief, Relena’s father looked at the entrance then at Relena then at Doctor Kay.
“What’s Project Asimov?” Relena asked.
“Nothing.” He said.
Sighing, he looked at Relena.
“No body saw him” He whispered. “He can stay.”
Relena jumped and clapped her hands.
“But only” Her father said, sternly, “If he changes his name.”
L sat up and looked around. Closing the open skin, he looked at Relena’s father.
“What’s your name?” Relena’s father asked.
“L” L said.
“What human name can you take?”
Thinking for a while, L suddenly looked around.
“Hello” L said, “I’m John Smith.”
Smiling, Relena’s father stretched forth his hand.
“Welcome to New Earth, John Smith.” He said.

mymask said...
Oct. 7, 2010 at 10:33 am
Thank you, Halfing. This is the third and there was no accident.

Halfing_Scribe said...
Is this really the third? Or was it an accident that it was named this? Also really good