The Incident part1

3031, 1:21p.m.
“How bad is it?” I asked the scientist, who was almost running to keep up with me. “Sectors D, E, and J are already infected.” He said, reading off a list, “We have reports of some behavior changes in section C as well.” “Who was the idiot who tried to open the case?” I asked angrily. The scientist looked at the papers “Mr. Thomas.” He said. I sighed as I opened the door, and almost ran into the bulletproof glass. A scientist was banging on the glass then I slammed the door shut, hearing the scientist’s pleas and cries of pain through the door. “That was Sector Q.” the scientist next to me said quietly. I turned around and he followed me. “Do you think it will break out?” he asked. “It’s already in the vents.” I said matter-of-factly. The scientist turned green, and then said “At least we can stop this abomination here.”

I turned around, “On the contrary,” I said, “We’re not doing anything.” The scientist’s eyes grew wide with terror, “But they’re people at stake.” He said, “Actual lives.” Which is exactly what I want.” I said, “It’s hard to rule the world when your servants can think.” The scientist looked at me like I was insane. “You have gone completely mad.” he said, his eyes wide. I rolled my eyes, “and here I thought you scientists had a brain.” He coughed into his fist, and then looked at it in horror, it was covered in blood. “No.” he moaned, “No… please.” I smiled sadly, “Don’t worry,” I said reassuringly, “you are about to help create the biggest empire in the world.” He went to his knees and I left him there, he had done his part.

mymask said...
Oct. 7, 2010 at 10:31 am
Something dark and mysterious is in the air...

VampireX replied...
Oct. 8, 2010 at 8:27 am
oh! you used my previous comment. lol

Halfing_Scribe said...
All I can say is Wow

Uberhombre said...
Oct. 2, 2010 at 12:24 am
It looks like a good start! It wants me to keep reading, read more. I assume you wished for the reader to be left slightly confused?

VampireX replied...
Oct. 4, 2010 at 7:40 am
yes i did. It adds to the suspense.