Watching (revised)

She stares out the window at the cold scene before her. Outside, nothing moves in the misty trees lining the dirve. The world outside is a muffled place, with low gray clouds blocking out the sun.

Behind her, a cheery fire crackles in its hearth. Fluffy blankets are piled on the thick carpet in front of it, looking as if they'd been dumped off cold shoulders. A novel lies forgotten on the floor, a mug of hot chocolate on the mahogany table now cool and stagnant.

She is oblivious to the cozy room behind her as she sits on the chilly windowsill. Frost paints patterns on the corner of the glass pane, lightly buffeted by the vague white puffs of her breath. Her feet are bare, and subtle shudders shake her body.

But her haunted eyes never move from the swirling mists.

AliceForeverThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Lovely, like always, my sista.

Day-Dreamer17 replied...
Oct. 1, 2010 at 5:21 pm :
Thanks, my sista! (nah nah nah nah nah, I got you on here, HA!)

AliceForeverThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Oct. 2, 2010 at 4:54 pm :

Shut it...

Day-Dreamer17 replied...
Oct. 3, 2010 at 3:12 pm :
Now, why would I let an opportunity to torture you pass???? xD Just kidding... kinda. ;D