Isolated

Everything was supposed to go as planned.

The scientist had everything prepared: the bed was ready, the tools were laid out neatly on the counter next to a sink, and all of his beakers and vials were filled with various gases and liquids. Of course, he had to be prepared. Today was the most important day of his career. Today would decide whether he would become famous and rich (but possibly go to jail), or fail miserably and live the rest of his life in hiding. Today he was testing his life’s work on an experiment of epic proportions.

Artificial intelligence. It had been declared illegal back in the year 2078, but the scientist had a theory: if his experiment worked like he planned, everyone would be so amazed that they wouldn’t care if it was legal or not, because he had created possibly the most realistic, human-like robot in the history of machinery. It could walk, it could talk, and it could think not as a machine, but as an independent being. But it was also better than a human – it could do things that a mundane person could only dream of. It was like some kind of modern-day Superman. Her name? Aya. He had accomplished what only God could do – he had created life. All there was left to do was wake her up. The scientist believed that his invention could change the world. That’s why everything had to work out perfectly.

Long story short: It didn’t.

Curly_Sue said...

very good. ik have a feeling you could go far with this. something tells me i'll be a fan all the way through.

if you ever have time check out some of my stuff. (plz???)

heyitsme said...

Thanks, both of you. :) I will post the first chapter in a little while.

VampireX: Hopefully mine is the story you've been dying for. :D

mudpuppy: Yeah, robots are cool. :) I haven't read a good robot story...ever, so I decided to write one! I hope you'll like it.

mudpuppy said...
Sept. 26, 2010 at 10:00 am
I find one am interested in the idea of artifical intelligence. My school has this robotics club and ever since than I have been eager to read a good robot story and this is it.  I have many questions that need to be question when it comes to this piece and am excited to learn see more. :) 

VampireX said...
Sept. 24, 2010 at 8:39 am
Go for it! I just read it and i'm dying for a new one!