Chapter 3 Marrige Proposal | Teen Ink

Chapter 3 Marrige Proposal

By Nishat PLATINUM, New York, New York
Nishat PLATINUM, New York, New York

We lead our lives like water flowing down a hill, going more or less in one direction until we splash into something that forces us to find a new course.

Isis was momentarily stunned. Then the furry hit her. All her life people have taken over everything she owned, one way or the other. And now when she finally had something to stake as her own….

“What are you talking about?”

Ra leaned in looking pure evil. Startled Isis fell back into her hand craved throne.

“In exchange for those powers you stole from me, I put a claim on your first born daughter. No matter who her father is she shall be my bride.

Isis was repulsed. Her daughter marry Ra?!?! No No! This is what she wanted to avoid. All these politics and power hungry gods.

No, her child would be above that. Someone pure hearted and good where others were greedy and selfish.

Regaining her composer she coolly said

“I don’t remember agreeing to such a deal besides you wouldn’t want her; her father is an Atlantean god.”

Ra still looked nonchalant

“No matter, at least she’ll be a full god. Besides we all know she’ll be omnipotent. As the prophecy says she’ll be the goddess to bring a dawn.”

There was no arguing with Ra now. She’ll bid her time and somehow……….

“Only if she agrees to it. At the age of 20 she will be a women and the answer to your question will come then.” Isis said.

Ra leaned in even closer, at this rate Isis would have no breathing room left.

“All right, but she will agree sister dear.”

She’ll have to teach her child not to fall for Ra’s tricks.

“Fine!” she snapped back.

“Now be gone with you. I have many other things to tend to.”

With that she used her powers and zapped Ra away from her.

[ to be continued]

Nishat PLATINUM, New York, New York

Thanks! :]

mudpuppy BRONZE, Orangeburg, South Carolina

Life is like a box of cheese and flower petal sometimes it's soft and sweet, sometimes it just plain stinks. - M.J.

I like really like how you formatted this. It's easy to read and follow along with which character is saying what. Also, I like how you end each chapter with a cliff hanger to keep the reader starve for more. :)