Chapter 2 " Lucy I'm Home!" | Teen Ink

Chapter 2 " Lucy I'm Home!"

By Nishat PLATINUM, New York, New York
Nishat PLATINUM, New York, New York

We lead our lives like water flowing down a hill, going more or less in one direction until we splash into something that forces us to find a new course.

Standing at 9ft tall the pissed off god in question was not what you would expect a ruler of the dead to look like. Much like Hades, he had porcelain skin and silver hair that fell down in waves around his face. And right now that same face was twisted up in a lovely scowl.

“It seems that I interrupted something. Nothing scandalous I hope, Isis.”

Ra was first to regain his composure. Moving with the authority he had in the over world he smoothly blocked Isis from Osiris’ viewpoint.

“Just a brotherly visit.”
Osiris raised an eyebrow at the obvious lie. There was nothing even remotely friendly between them and all of Aaru knew it.

“I’m pregnant with Ra’s child!” Isis blurted out.

Everything was still for so long that the minutes just seemed to stretch out endlessly. Ra, Isis and even Osiris were still.

So quickly that not even an Atlantian hellhound could see it coming Osiris had Ra pinned to the ground.

“HOW DARE YOU EVEN THINK ABOUT TOUCHING MY WIFE!” The floor cracked in a spider web design under the fury and pressure of Osiris. And with every word the room became covered in dark shadows and blood like spots.

For the first time in her life Isis was scared. Not even when they told her she was to be married off to the Lord of the dead was she afraid. No, she had held her head high and played it much to her advantage.

But now if Osiris killed Ra, a civil war would break out and the different deities would be at odds against each other and….. her child wouldn’t be safe. As an essence goddess she would be turned into a weapon. Used and then thrown away. Grabbing Osiris’ arm she yelled
“Osiris stop! At least listen to what he says!”
When he didn’t let up she used logic
“This could work to your advantage, she’ll be an essence goddess; all powerful, unnerving and brilliant.”
This caught his attention. After a millisecond he stood up and smoothed his robe out.
On the ground Ra sat up and looked as if this happened every time.

“ Talk. You have exactly 76 seconds before I pick up where I left off.”

Ra didn’t look worried, merely he said

“ I knew that a child born of Isis and me would be compelling. So I merely disguised myself as you.”
Osiris turned his wrath to Isis
“And you fell for it?!?”

Isis cringed under his glare. Suddenly Osiris threw his hands up.
“ I don’t have time for this. I came here for a quick shower. After I need to tend to the daemons.” He sounded exasperated.

After Osiris left Isis turned to Ra. He had to want something in return for all this trouble and she was half afraid to find out what that exactly was. Folding her arms across her stomach since pregnant goddess’ didn’t get that big, she asked
“ What do you want for all your unnecessary trouble?”
Ra raised an eyebrow “Unnecessary?”
“Well on your part.”
Ra moved to one of the floor to ceiling windows, looking out he said “ I’m have surprised you haven’t figured it out yourself. Not as sharp as you used to be, eh?” Turning to her he smirked “ I want to marry her.”

mudpuppy BRONZE, Orangeburg, South Carolina

Life is like a box of cheese and flower petal sometimes it's soft and sweet, sometimes it just plain stinks. - M.J.

I have to say that I loved the ending. Egyptian mythology is so cool. I'm going to read chapter three now. :)