Again (Prologue)

It stood few feet away from me, eyeing me cautiously as it took its paw off and on the ground, stepping toward me each second. My desperate gasps filled the empty air as I met the creature’s coal black eyes and saw what I thought was hunger. I backed up against the cool rocky surface and cried in an unexpected pain that the sharp rock caused. I felt warm liquid flowing down from the side of my palm but I didn’t dare to even glance at it. The creature closed the distance between us; I closed my eyes as I waited for my fate to end. But after that, I didn’t hear anything but the whistling of wind and my breathing.

Why are you running away…? A voice whispered sadly in my mind. My eyes opened just a little bit, I didn’t see anything but the same black leopard standing before me, its huge body slumped. If I wasn’t the prey, I’d have been feeling sorry for it. However, I was the prey, meaning that I couldn’t think anything except my idiotic question; why didn’t it kill me yet? It moved a bit, and I closed my eyes again.

I’m not trying to harm you. I jumped slightly, could it read my mind? You know me, I know you do. But you don’t remember, I don’t know why. I’ll come to you and we’ll see what happens. I felt a strange sadness overwhelming me, wrapping around my mind.

My eyes opened instantly and I saw the ceiling of my… bedroom…? What the… Then it hit me; it’s all a dream, just a random dream. The fact both relieved me and made me sad at the same time, the hint of sadness still lingering in my mind. It was just a random dream… I told myself, but from the lingering sadness in my mind, somehow I knew I wasn’t telling myself the truth.

Amiee said...
oh course yo should post more! it's really nice, how first you create a mood of suspense but i was like, oh, it's a dream...-_-;;; 암튼잘했어 ㅋㅋ 한국말쓰면 아무도못읽겠지 ㅋㄷㅋㄷ good job! i'll be waiting for more ^^

MangoZombieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Sept. 18, 2010 at 1:52 am :
Haha thanx. >< I'll continue it if possible. kkk

Analysse replied...
Oct. 3, 2010 at 2:11 am :
omg post more soon! i'm totally sucked in!

Oct. 4, 2010 at 2:11 am :
Haha, thanx Analysse. :) Sure, I'll post more... when I can... -_-;;; lol.