Chapter 1 Unfaithful | Teen Ink

Chapter 1 Unfaithful

September 3, 2010
By Nishat PLATINUM, New York, New York
Nishat PLATINUM, New York, New York
24 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
We lead our lives like water flowing down a hill, going more or less in one direction until we splash into something that forces us to find a new course.


Aaru: Egyptian Heaven 17th day of Akhet 3,000 B.C.


Isis was panicking. Osiris was due back anytime and Isis had no idea what to tell him. For all her powers and might she still had to answer to him.

“Fear does not become you sister dear.” Isis’ back straightened and her panic gave away to anger.

She turned in haste and found the tall god looking amused. At 7ft. 9in Ra looked to be 24; with raven black hair and ocean blue eyes. But that was expected from the gods of the Egyptian Pantheon. Isis had the same looks herself only her hair was pin straight and her eyes catlike.

“Yes, well I don’t see you helping.” She snapped back.

Still Ra looked amused, maybe even a little smug. This worried Isis.

She spun away, shoving past him and into her golden temple. With Ra at her heels she glided into her throne room. All of these long white columns and solid gold doors wouldn’t save her from Osiris’ wrath.

“Why not just kill the child?”

Isis paused at the suggestion. Yes, she thought as she paced the vast room. It would be so easy, one knife swipe and… No Isis quickly banished the thought. She was the great Mother goddess, and strangely she had begun to love the being inside of her.

“Out of the question.” Besides it had started to look human and she could not kill something that was all her own.

Ra’s response made the hair on the back of her neck stand up.

“Say the child is mine and if he asks say I tricked you, the rest I’ll handle.” This was said with a sweet smile on his face.

Isis was stunned and suspicious. Why was Ra helping her out all of a sudden? They were old enemies, wary of each other, waiting for the other to strike. But he did supply a convenient excuse. Only question was what did he want in return?

Her daughter’s life depended on this man and time had run out for lighting stroke and thunder boomed.

In this normally sunny and peaceful place that could only mean one thing. Osiris Lord of the underworld was home.