Marpires- The Last Day and The Very Beginning | Teen Ink

Marpires- The Last Day and The Very Beginning

July 28, 2010
By Anonymous

Katrina looked over at Logan again. He had just said he liked her but she refused to believe. After all, for the past few days, he had done nothing but lie to her. Logan looked up from the bottom of the tree. Katrina had flown up there when he told her the story. He now wished he hadn't. He could only pray that she wouldn't get any madder than she was. They were in the deep wiles of an Autralian jungle, waiting out the night. Logan was trying desperately to read Katrina's mind but nothing was working. He remembered last night. He had told her his feelings, but Katrina, being the stubborn creature she was, would not let him. They were crossbreeds- half marrick and half vampire. They belonged to a Christian group who could control themselves. Marrick were an unknown breed of angel-like creatures. They could grow wings and had superstrength. Each had two or more special abilities. The Christian world was against them. Katrina's grandmother had turned them out after finding out about their real nature. Marricks had an unnatural beauty. Katrina and Logan were two of the very few crossbreeds there ever were. Marricks were becoming very extinct. There were only 20 clans left. Jade Newfire was a full Marrick. Marricks stopped aging at the age of 20- maximum. Logan thought all these thoughts as he looked up at his friend. He had a love too storng to explain for her. And he hated it. He hated because he knew he had the power to kill her. He could outrun her and easily kill her. Marricks were attracted to blood too. Logan flew up to Katrina and just as she was about to fly back down, he whispered- I'm sorry. And then he kissed her like he had never kissed a soul in his life. Noone could break them apart at that moment. Katrina started crying immediately they broke away and she let him read her mind. It was saying- I love... Just then, a huge oversized bat knocked them out of the tree and toward the huge boulder under them. Katrina's message got through fast. She went under him and kissed him passionately. Then she turned round and felt the boulder hit her with a terrible impact. She felt herself being flipped around and opened her eyes slightly an said- I love you too Logan Tyler. A scream then ripped the fabric of the air as she closed her eyes and went blank.


The author's comments:
This piece is just something that came to me. Half inspired by the deep undying love that pours out from the Twilight series.