Secrets of the Night

Have you ever wondered what happens after you fall asleep? When the darkness enfolds your limp body, and the shadows swallow all sources of light? Some children fantasize about big purple monsters in closets. Others imagine a killer in a corner of their bedroom, waiting to end their life. Why do you awake from nightmares? Why aren't you cursed to forever wander through the dream world, bonded to your fears for enternity? Who brings you out?

I do. I inhabit the corners of your room when you turn off the lights, watching over you as you sleep. But only the strong of mind do I watch--the Mindhunters love a challenge, so they prey on vivid Dreamers.

Of course, I do not work alone. There are many of us that watch over the sleeping. We like to call ourselves Guardians. You may ask how we came to be, and I must warn you, reader, that the transition from normal human Dreamer to Guardian is not one of peace, yet it has to be one of free will. Otherwise it will not work. But I must tell you, you will be safer--much, much safer--as a Guardian.

My personal story is all happenstance: accidents that should never have been committed. My life is forever changed. . .

IreneEYtonKratzThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Nov. 8, 2011 at 3:45 am:
Ok, when do we get more?!! Nice idea -- I like the danger of transition paired with the pull of will.

Youngshakespeare18 said...
Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:21 pm:

possibly the most amazing thing i've ever read!

Youngshakespeare18 said...
Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:19 pm:
Well I love you baby this is an amazing peice

Hannah F. This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 29, 2010 at 7:26 pm:
I love the story but I want to know more, tell me more, write more

V.T.Summers said...
Jul. 27, 2010 at 7:18 pm:
This is awesome!!  The concept is very interesting and I would like to know more.  :)

CloudWanderer replied...
Jul. 29, 2010 at 2:26 pm :
Haha thank you! Still waiting on the continuation to get "pended" by the editors lol  :) thanks for commenting

ynattirb said...
Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:01 pm:
Your work is so good post some more!

dreamer759 said...
Jul. 24, 2010 at 6:42 pm:
wow this is awesome. the concept is so cool and mysterious. cant wait for the continuation :)

CloudWanderer replied...
Jul. 25, 2010 at 8:11 pm :
Thanks, me niether ;) lol

CloudWanderer said...
Jul. 24, 2010 at 12:38 pm:
I guess for anyone who reads this, I should let you know that I check out stuff from the people who comment. Most of the time I both give feedback and rate articles.

Whylime said...
Jul. 24, 2010 at 8:27 am:
you said somewhere you were just starting to write! But this is awsome! it sounded like i was reading from a revered author's new novel! well done! no mistake! and very professional sounding! 

CloudWanderer replied...
Jul. 24, 2010 at 12:26 pm :
Thank you! And yeah I guess i did say that lol. But i meant just started writing on teenink... :)

Phoenix611 said...
Jul. 23, 2010 at 10:26 pm:
absolutely excellent!!! well done!

CloudWanderer replied...
Jul. 24, 2010 at 12:29 pm :
Thanks pheonix! :)

Thedarkunknown said...
Jul. 23, 2010 at 9:55 pm:
hey t its alex i love it cant wait 2 here more

CloudWanderer replied...
Jul. 24, 2010 at 12:32 pm :
Why thank you darkunknown ;) cant wait til your piece comes out. i'll definitely check it out

Thedarkunknown replied...
Jul. 24, 2010 at 11:34 pm :
its pending approval  i only wrote one paragraph  and asked for constructive critisism on how it starts out btw anyone reading this go check to c if my article is posted and remember constructive critisism welcome

CloudWanderer replied...
Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:44 pm :
Will do...

Lanier42 said...
Jul. 23, 2010 at 7:59 pm:
OMG! this is absolutely amazing! more more more more!

CloudWanderer replied...
Jul. 24, 2010 at 12:35 pm :
Thanks! I have put in the "continuation" of this piece to be checked by the editors, but it'll be a few weeks yet.