the Power of Fire

I raised my arms up high towards the empty marble fire place. Visualising the warmth in my mind’s eye, I could feel the heat surge through my arms, tingling my finger tips. I could sense my body opening up, overflowing with power and heat; it felt as if I could fly for that one joyous moment. I knew nothing in my life would ever compare to this feeling, this was my secret weapon, my one comfort in life. I knew that no one and nothing could ever take this wonderful feeling away from me, it wouldn’t abandon me in my time of need and it would always protect me. Then with one fluent motion I opened my eyes, shot my hands out to the fire and released the heat. Power exploded from my hands, heat filled the once icy room. I felt the warmth pour out of my open hands in the direction of the fire place, the whole room filled with a flash of white hot light as the power of fire consumed the air around me. I could feel the aura of heat surrounding my body, my skin embraced the power, as the fire burned a towering flame that shouldn’t have been possible; but just simply was. I felt my heart overflow with joy as I let a bubble of laughter escape my lips. This was my greatest secret, my ultimate defence: I controlled fire.