Finding Flit pt. II Found 'em | Teen Ink

Finding Flit pt. II Found 'em

By Keaira BRONZE, Edmond, Oklahoma
Keaira BRONZE, Edmond, Oklahoma

In a world of CooCoo Puffs, dare to be a Fruity Pebble.

The fight with Bramble was over and he had given me the information. There was just one thing I needed to take care of. The Council! They had lied to me, emotionally hurt me for the last five years! I walked, no stormed into the Council House. Marching down the hallway, I planned my words carefully. When I was at the doors I was ready, and without hesitation, exploded through them.

"Oh good. Keairakash. We were about-." Before Council-Man Polytrichum could finish his sentence I interrupted.

"You've lied to me!" I shouted.

"I beg your pardon!" he asked shocked. Council-Man Polytrichum wasn't accustom to being shouted at.

"You have lied to me for the last five years!"

"Polytrichum," Bryony, another member of the Council, inquired, "What is this all about?"

"I assure you. I have not the slightest of ideas."

"You know very well what I'm talking about!" I said marching up to him, "Flit is alive! You banished him! Just because he treated me like a normal fairy! Do you know why he did that? Because I asked him too!" He stared at me, stupefied.

"Did you come here just to yell at Council-Man Polytrichum?" another asked, "Or was there something else you wanted to inform us about?"

"Oh yeah," I said sarcastically, "I checked the Middle Forest Village naming files. And found something very interesting. Some of you might not know this but, those files not only contain the fairies name, but also the name of the parents." I paused to look at Polytrichum's face. He knew that I knew his secret and there was nothing he could do to keep me from revealing it.

"And why would we find this of interest?" he asked, trying to stay calm.

"You know why. Flit is your son, Polytrichum. How could you do that to him?"

"I've only heard about him and his unique abilities," Bryony said, "It makes me curious who his miter is, now."

"But that boy is too young to be his son!" one said, "Did your wife not pass away before Flit came along?" I rolled my eyes and he nodded.

"Do you remember the time Samoa was gone for five months?" I asked. They all nodded, at least the ones that were on the Main Council long enough to remember. I continued, "Flit's miter is..." I paused to make sure they were all listening, "Mother Nature." They all started talking at once. "You made a mistake. And to cover it up you passed a law that had only been superstition. Now I have to live with the burden of that. And because of you I can't even be with my best friend! You committed adultery."

"We did no such thing Keairakash." I turned around. Mother Nature Samoa.

"We married. Then one night things happened and the next thing I knew was that I was with child."

"Why did you not tell me?"

"Our lives are not your concern. We do not have to tell you every single detail of everything that happened."

"Samoa, I trusted you." Having done my deed, I left. Samoa looked like she had jumped into an ice cold river. Bramble was outside wearing a smirk.

"Do you honestly think this will cha-." I punched him, sending him flying in to the wall.

"Leave me alone!" I shouted, "I'm sick of you! It's your fault that this stupid mess happened anyway. If you hadn't been such a spoiled brat you would have never ratted Flit out! Next time try using your brain before you try to get something that you can't have! Not that it would do much good. It's probably rotted to a point where you can't use it any more." I flew away from the crowd that had gathered. It felt good to get away. I flew until I found the familiar rock that looked like Polytrichum with a tumor in his nose. I took a hat out of a hole I had dug and put it on. It covered my emblem so I wouldn't be recognized. I cut right and walked down a hidden path.

As I walked along the hidden path that was first shown to me ten years ago, I smiled knowing no one could see me from the air. With a quick leap over a brook I could smell Christmas trees in the air. I flew the rest of the way, staying close to the ground. When I arrived at the trees, I ducked down and in. Needles of the pines tickled my skin and the crunch sounded soothing to my ears. Sitting down, I closed my eyes and remembered the first time I came to this haven.

"Now are you sure your eyes are closed?" Flit had asked.

"Yes!" I'd responded, "For the eighty bagilinth time, yes!"

"You're last name is Pine? Right?"

"Yes."

"Well look!" When I opened my eyes a marvelous sight had been there to greet them, "Lots and lots of you trees!"

The snapping of a twig broke my flashback. I stood up only to be tackled to the ground from behind. "What the!" I shouted as I fell. For the record the next word would have been heck. But we hit the ground first.

"Who are you?" I finally demanded, "How did you find this place?"

"You're the one to make demands," he laughed. I slammed my fist into the side of my attacker's head. He released his grip, only a little but it was enough for me. With my eyes closed, I turned over and kicked him in the chest with both feet. Then I rolled backwards onto my feet and stood ready. My eyes opened.

Where'd he go? I heard a faint buzzing of wings behind me. I turned to punch but he grabbed my hand and spun me back around.

"You are good at this. Almost as goods as a man."

"Oh really!" I asked with fake excitement. "I was about to say the same thing."

"Do you not think that that is a little below the belt?"

"Nope. But this is." I slammed my foot on top of his and kicked his other knee and he fell. I backed up to a tree so he couldn't sneak up on me. He got up and circled around the tree.

"It is no use," I informed him. "I know who you are."

"Oh really? Tell me."

"You are a criminal." He stopped. "I do not know what you did, nor do I care. But I do know that what you did was awful enough that you could not be safely kept as a laborer in a town or village. But what you did was too petty for you to take up room in a prison."

As I blabbered, he made his way to the other side of the tree. Something snaked around my wrists and ankles.

"I was born. That's what happened." I was pulled to the tree and blindfolded by wood.

"Let me go!" I demanded. "You have no idea who you are dealing with here." I couldn't move.

"I'll be the judge of that." He walked up to me. "Where did you get this necklace?"

"It was a gift, stupid."

"Lies. I gave this necklace to someone years ago." His hands touched my neck and I tried to stifle a gasp. "I will not hurt you." He removed the necklace from my neck. "The only way this could have been a gift to you is if I had given it to you. There is no way on this planet that I would make and give something like this to you.

"Weird," I responded. "'Cause I'd never accept something from a criminal!"

"I will ask nicely one last time. Who are you. How did you come here?"

"Those two things at the end of my legs? They are called feet. That's how I got here."

"Well now. About your name."

"Ima Idiat."

"I'm a idiot?"

"Yes. Yes you are."

"Alright then." The wooden blind fold/head bind slipped away. I closed my eyes and bent my head down in hopes that he would not know me. "I know you from somewhere."

"Keep on dreaming."

"Open your eyes."

"No."

"You are my captive. It would be wise of you to do as I say." I opened my eyes and glared at him. Then he started to lift my hat.

"Please don't," I begged. He ignored my plea. My braids tumbled down and he looked straight at my forehead. He backed up a few steps. I still couldn't see because of the sun shining right in my eyes. I could tell that he fell to his hands and knees. The tree released me and I ran up to him and gave him a kick in the stomach.

"Oof," he grunted.

"Now we're even. You know who I am so you tell me who you are."

"You do not know?" He stood up, with the support of a branch that is. I never said that it was a light kick. "The Council was right. You do no longer remember me."

"I have never seen you before in my life."

"Have you ever used Amnesia flower pollen?"

"Not to forget a person. I can't see you in the sunlight like that. Trade me spots." We moved. I then could clearly see him. "I've seen you before. In a dream." I closed my eyes to think. My eyes opened after five seconds and I gasped. He had been the one fighting for me in that dream. That meant that he had to be.

"Flit? You're really alive."

"What do you mean ‘really alive?'"

"They told me that you had died. I believed them. No, I knew that was a lie."

"How did you find that I was near here?"

"Bramble told me that the Council had banished you."

"Bramble told you?"

"I had to force it out of him. Flit," I put my hand on his face to make sure that he was real, "I'm very sorry about all the things that I said just now. I had no idea that that was you I was fighting or I would have never ."

"I did not realize who you were either. I am equally guilty."

"Um, why were you,-."

"The claim was that I was planning to assault you. They said that it was because of my parentless upbringing that I would behave in such a way." That reminded me.

"Flit I know who your parents are. They're alive you, have a family!"

"I care nothing for them Keairakash. I have a better family, or had. My friends and the woman who ran the Grandmother home have always been my family." He hugged me. "You cannot imagine how glad I am to see you again."

"I bet I can."

Okay. Here it is. You have asked and I finally posted what happened later that day.