Fairytale Remix | Teen Ink

Fairytale Remix

By writerfreak BRONZE, Insert City, New York
writerfreak BRONZE, Insert City, New York

"You can never lose while you're fighting. You only lose when you stop." -Birch Street Gym

A cold, grey chamber-the trap of a hideous monster. Her shadow creeps along the stone wall, covering the crevices out of which mold oozes. She glares outside the sole window of the prison, running a bony finger along the horrific appendage protruding out of her head. Shaped like a serpent, the yellow-brown oddity hangs loosely against her garments. An eerie silence looms over the building, a product of waiting for what stalks her dreams, but is nonexistent thus far in her miserable reality.

A few towns away, the loud chime of a clock echoes through a crowd, and a mysterious shoe flies across the room. It crashes to the dusty floor with a thunderous boom, sending shivers up the spines of all innocent bystanders. Once again, the bells of the time-telling device thrash against one another, and the dreaded hour has come. Like a phantom, she slips away, back into a bitter, chilled nightmare. He turns around, and it is as though no one stood beside him in the first place. Only the footwear is proof that the vanishing girl had been there at all.

Miles from the road, obscured from plain sight, a cottage is deep-rooted within the heart of the forest. The silhouettes are unidentifiable; creature from wildlife cannot be distinguished amidst the looming darkness. Seven horrifying creatures equipped with hammers surround an innocent wanderer. She gapes at them, blinking several times to register the situation at hand. Her increasingly heavy breathing and the shrill chirping of crickets are the only sounds that can be heard. In an instance, she is ushered into the house, where she will meet her destiny.

This makes classic fairytales seem like horror stories

thanks!!  :)

AnnieRachel SILVER, Brooklyn, New York

"everything was beautiful and nothing hurt."

this is wonderful!