In Search of Purpose | Teen Ink

In Search of Purpose

By Purplepenguin_95 BRONZE, Greencastle, Indiana
Purplepenguin_95 BRONZE, Greencastle, Indiana
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

"With all of our running, and all of our cunning, if we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane"-Jimmy Buffet

Every second, someone dies. Someone with a family. Someone with an assigned purpose. Every second, the future is changed because that one person dies. As I sit here recounting this story to you, 10 families are mourning. You may ask, what of the people who aren’t loved? The ones who have no family? The ones who have pushed away all but themselves?
The way I must answer this is by showing you, telling you a tale of my race, a race of beings that sole purpose on earth is to keep the future intact. A race, so alike to you, that we walk amongst you, without recognition. Yet, so unlike you, that we stand apart when compared directly to you. A race, so differently designed, that a different purpose was assigned.
The only way you will understand this tale, is if you know our history. You know the story, God made Adam and then Eve. He made the Garden of Eden, and they disobeyed him. What that story does not tell you is the full truth. There were not only two people in the Garden. There were four. Four humans, all the same, all equal, all with the same purpose. To live in the world created for them. Then, two were tempted, and cast away. The remaining two watched with grief as their friends were exiled from the Garden.
The two humans remaining had not sinned, and were spoken to. The sky lit up in a brilliant purple light. The man’s face drained of all color as a sudden calmness settled over the Garden.
“This world, is the most important of all the worlds, and I have plans. These plans are vital to the surviving of humans. Humans, are made to live on this earth. Humans, all have certain times they are to die. If they die before this time, the balance of the future falters, and eventually will tumble.” a voice filtered down through the clouds, causing the two human’s faces to light up in awe. “This cannot be allowed to happen.”
“What are we to do?” the women of the pair asked the voice from above.
“Protect the natural and planned order of things. Do not allow the people’s destinies to be altered. Protect them…” the voice drifted off as the sky faded into normalcy. The man’s face regained color as the Garden came back to life. His wife stared at the sky.
“How are we to do this?” she yelled into the air seeking the speaker from above.
A shot of golden fire flew from the heavens engulfing the two humans, lifting them into the air, and changing them. The brown hair of the man changed to a sparkling blonde, glinting in the light of the fire. His facial features grew straight, and elongated. His eyes flashed silver as he was gently rotated and set on the ground. The woman closed her eyes as her brown hair grew long and changed to a color as black as the night sky. Her face, too was elongated, then shortened, and settled in the middle. Her eyes sparkled with the brightest green, searching for and locking eyes with the man as she landed gracefully on the grass.
At the moment their feet connected with the ground, a flash of images whirled in their heads. Peoples’ faces, locations, dates. The information was divided, sorted, and stored in their minds. The dates and people pushed at the sides of their heads. Pushed, until it felt like they would explode.
They fell to the ground clutching their heads in agony. Occasionally screaming as a death pushed its way to the front, where they could see it. The pain eventually subsided, and their breath came out in shallow gasps.
A voice then, from inside them spoke, the same from the sky.
“Go, save the world my children.”
“How? How are we to do this?!” the woman asked again.
“Live, create more of you, protect your human cousins.”
“Cousins?...Lord, what are we?” the man questioned for the first time, breaking out of his awe.
“You, my children, are angels.”

I was listening to the Three Doors Down song "It's not my time" and watching the music video, and all of a sudden this idea rushed into my head. enjoy :)

on Oct. 18 2010 at 9:48 am
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

hehe i love it too :) yea, i am religious myself, but everyone has free will. so they can choose what they read ye? hehe thank you so much for reading and commenting :) means a lotx

xprezzionstar BRONZE, Jeffersonville, Kentucky

All it takes it 20 seconds of insane courage and I promise you, something amazing will happen

i love "its not my time"!! but i think anyone who is very offended by religousstories with a twist need to beware. but i love this