An evil part 5

Honestly, I didn't know any other magical deity could have kids other than the Reaper, but here I am standing face to face with the son of the headless horseman.
"That's interesting. But why did you attack me?" I ask.
"You're the son of the Grim Reaper," He says.
"So."
"My father and your father don't get along."
"Why is that?"
He sits down then starts his story.
"The Reaper created the first Witch, who then used her powers to create a deity. When the monster went on a rampage she used a cutlass to cut off his head. Since the only way to kill a deity is to kill it with it's own symbol of power-" I cut him off there.
"Wait! A symbol of power?"
"Yeah like Poseidon with his trident, Zeus with his lightning bolts, The Grimm Reaper with his scythe," he continued. "All Deity's have one. Anyway, this deity didn't have a symbol of power, so it didn't die. Unfortunately, his head didn't grow back and he escaped as the headless horseman. Centuries later, he developed two symbols of power, the Cutlass and the pumpkin."
"Oh, so you hate me because my dad created the Witch," I said.
"Not just that. I hate all magic. When I was born, my dad left me at a doorstep of an orphanage. I ran away when I turned nine and found out who I really was, what I really was. I've been trying to get my revenge by wiping out all magic."
"So you killed the Reaper?" I guessed.
"Nope, some lucky psycho beat me to it."
"Good to see we all appreciate death here."
"That's not funny."
"I know I'm kidding. And here's the flaw to your plan," I said.
"You can't kill off all magic, the world is like an element."
"An element?" he asks.
"Yeah, imagine a magic like a proton and mortals are like electrons. There has to be an even balance in electrons and protons, otherwise it is not an element. Every time you kill something in the magic world something in the mortal world dies too. If you kill everything then we are all dead."
"Oh," he says.
"And you can't kill anything if there is no Grim Reaper, because there is no death."
"I actually had a plan to deal with that," he says. "Kill him last."
"Well now you can't kill him," I mention. "You're in debt. I saved your life so now you have to help me revive him."
"The only way to revive him is to capture the aura of the one who killed him. And since there is no death you cannot capture his aura," he says as if I didn't know.
"That's what this is for." I tell him while holding up Agatha's book.
"There might be another way to get his aura. The Reaper's Scythe, it reaps souls, and souls contain the aura and mana," he realizes.
"Genius," I say. "So you'll help me?"
"I am in debt."
"Then lets go get that Scythe."

HeraclitusDRM said...
Jun. 12, 2010 at 1:28 am
Lovin it! The dialog is pretty great. 

xxtrident13xx said...
part 4 is still pending approval and six should follow