Shadow | Teen Ink

Shadow

By Cooling_Fever BRONZE, Roy, Utah
Cooling_Fever BRONZE, Roy, Utah

"We Partake In The Blood And Soul Of This Glorious Sacrifice."

Our shadow is a mirror. Showing our accomplishments and our faults. Reminding us that we are nothing but an empty shell doing what we think is right. It is always there, always watching, coping and mocking us. It laughs at us, following our example. It causes us to do things that are better left un-said, un-told, and never mentioned. Our shadow is an influence written in blood. It writes messages on the wall as a note, telling us to give up, to stop trying, and to just quit. But as the sun turns, the fall of night destroys your shadow. It disappears and you no longer feel the strain on your back. But the sun turns back and our shadow comes back. Once again, showing our lives pass. Our shadow is nothing but a mirror… covered in blood.

I got the inspiration from my friend mentioning something about his shadow. I wasn't really paying attention until I heard him say 'shadow'. It caught my eye and that gave this wonderful work of art.

on Jun. 9 2010 at 2:14 pm
WhiteBear SILVER, Beckenham, Kent, Other

Darkness cannot drive out darkness, only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that.

that was really good!!! great job!

Emilie BRONZE said...
on Jun. 8 2010 at 4:51 pm
Emilie BRONZE, Cranford, New Jersey

"Today you are you, that is truer than true, there will never be anyone youer than you" Dr. Suess

I think this was a really powerful piece. It was something that made me think and reflect. I'd suggest going through and trying to exchange some of the simpiler words for more obscure ones. It might make the piece even better.

coly33 BRONZE said...
on Jun. 8 2010 at 3:43 pm
coly33 BRONZE, Lyndhurst, New Jersey

wow i loved it it was inspiring i didn't want to finish reading it it was amazing just soo much fun to read it just inspipring

:)