Neon Night | Teen Ink

Neon Night

May 22, 2010
By Anonymous

The night was closing and so was our love story. I couldn’t help that I wanted to cry and so I did. A tear sighlently rolled down my cheek. “Please, don’t cry,” he whispered and stopped the tear in its tracks. “When will I see you again?” I asked desperately hoping he would want to see each other again.
“Tomorrow.” He said before walking out of the forest. He turned around and smiled. Ezra was a vampire. I know I sound more than just stupid for thinking it would be okay to be with a vampire much less wanting to keep seeing one again. It was dangerous for him I knew, but I was falling in love with him more and more each day. Vampires were forbidden in our town.
I never knew why. The fallowing night we were in the woods again he changed me. “We can’t keep doing this Zara.” He whispered while he stroked my light brown hair. I turned my head to look him in the emerald eyes. “What do you mean?”
“I mean that I have to leave town its much too dangerous for one of my kind to be here and my brother needs to go to college again.”
“So Jason has gone to college at least fifty times and you can’t just quit school!” His eyes softened as he took in my frightened expression. We sat in the silence of the forest and stared at the sky it looked neon too bright for a winter’s night. He held my hand and tried to calm me by rocking me back and forth. “Then come with me.” My heart jumped as I took in what he was saying.
“You want me to be a vam-mpire?” I asked shuddering astonishingly. His expression changed from happiness to thinking probably shrugging off the thought. “Its okay it was just a thought.”
“No! I don’t know what I will ever do now since you entered my life!” His expression lifted again.
“You’ll do it! You’ll change to an immortal for me!?” He asked. I nodded like a crazy person my curls bounced as I did it. ‘Okay we must change you at once!” I suddenly felt sick. I knew it was going to hurt, but at least we were in the forest nobody could possibly hear my screams of agony.
“Are you sure?”
“Yes,” I whispered.
“You trust me?”
“Of course.”
“You do know that once you change it will be hard for you to go to your parents house again?”
“I know.”
Vampires were beautiful, but there wouldn’t be a drastic change in my features. I wouldn’t be able to go because of blood lust. He got up from the rock he was sitting on and I lay down and prepared myself for the pain. He sat down next to me and his lips were on my wrist he looked at me once and his teeth sunk in and my eyes rolled to the back of my head.


The author's comments:
I want to know what ya'll think if anyone likes this i will keep posting th fallowups of the story be honest and i would appreciate it if ya'll kept the negativity to a minimum.