An evil Part 3 | Teen Ink

An evil Part 3

By xxtrident13xx SILVER, Dexter, Michigan
xxtrident13xx SILVER, Dexter, Michigan

I say the spell and immediately... nothing happens. My mind is buzzing. "How come it didn't work?" I say to myself.
Wallace rolls out of bed. He is so big when he barks at me, the house shakes. Not surprisingly, I'm frustrated. When death follows you, it's natural to need anger management. "Wally, getting out of this one might be harder than we thought." I say.
Immediately, I'm on my feet and running out the door. My backpack now rests on my shoulder and my wooden stakes are hook to my belt. I look back at the house. Wallace somehow climbed on the roof and is staring me down. I grab my bike, then take off. I didn't realize I wouldn't see that house for a long time.
I ride for miles until I reach a long stretch of woods. I follow a bike trail until I reach a creek. I know exactly where I'm going. About three miles later I start to see bones scattered around the trail, which tells me I'm in the right place. Finally, I see the house. It's actually a hut. The bricks are old and broken and the roof is literally made of grape vines. I hit the brakes by a fire pit then scream, "Agatha! Are you home?"
A second later an old woman walks out from the hut. She has a bandanna wrapped around her head like a babushka and a cane. She looks like the type of lady who makes cookies for her grandchildren, when really she is like the witch in Hansel and Gretel. And when I say witch I mean literally a witch.
"Hello Salem, how may I be of service to you?" she says to me.
Agatha is the one who taught me magic from the start. If you ever meet her don't be fooled by her looks.
"I need to find a way to bring back my dad," I say keeping my eyes to the ground.
"Of course. I'd love to help one of the Grim Reaper's sons," she waves her hand at me, motioning to come inside. I get off my bike then cautiously step inside the hut. Their is another fire pit inside the house. A stove is in the corner and a sink next to it. What looks like carp hang from a wire that runs through the room.
Agatha opens her own version of the book of mana. After flipping through a few pages she finds it. "Ah, here it is. Revival of death."
"I've already tried it it doesn't work," I say.
"Well, mines been modified. This book's spells cannot fail."
As soon as she says that I realize I need that book if I'm ever going to bring back my dad. Normally, this wouldn't be hard but Agatha is a big enemy of my dad, who just happens to be the grim reaper. She looks at me and says, "Are you hungry?"
I know she is trying to trick me, but it is a well known fact that all of her food is made from a poison that only she is immune too.
"No thanks, I don't eat carp. But what I really would like is that book."
With that she hisses at me. I pick up a bench and throw it at her. It misses but she drops the book. The house roars. It is so old it will probably collapse. I dive for the book, but so does she. Our hands meet on the opposite ends of the book.
"Sorry Agatha but-," I kick her in the face then run out of the door with the book, just as the house collapses. I wade across the river then sit by the bank. I open the book to see the differences between her's and mine, and guess what. They're huge.
"Okay Dad I'll bring you back soon enough. All I have to do to is gather the ingredients."
I read them off stopping at the last one. "The aura of who killed him."
Great.

Part three of Evil

_Mags_ SILVER said...
on Jun. 10 2010 at 11:16 pm
_Mags_ SILVER, Somewhere, North Carolina

- I stare danger in the face and giggle
- Never argue with an idiot, people might not know the difference
-R.A.P (Retards Attempting Poetry)
-Tip Cologne ryhmes with alone

yeah i agree

on Jun. 3 2010 at 12:00 pm
HeraclitusDRM SILVER, Sewell, New Jersey

"For a man to conquer himself is the first and noblest of all victories." -Plato

Such a huge improvement! Your narration was concise and you painted the scene wonderfully. This was engaging. Good job!