Spirit: part 1 | Teen Ink

Spirit: part 1

May 18, 2010
By Candyhoneyangel GOLD, Pequannock, New Jersey
Candyhoneyangel GOLD, Pequannock, New Jersey
11 articles 0 photos 5 comments

Chapter 1: The Rude Awakening

“Where am I?”

What's going on?”

These questions ran through my head like bullets out of a gun.

“ I- I can't move... somebody, anybody, please!”

“Calm down,” another voice said.

“I can't see, I'm scared!”

“ Don't worry, you'll be able to see soon enough, it's natural to be unable to see and move for the first few seconds of being a spirit, you need to become accustomed to it.”

“Spi- spirit?” “What, how?” All I remember is being a 10th grade girl going to Kazeville high school, a normal person, now you tell me about spirits, your crazy and I'm out of here, where's the exit?”

“It won't do you any good, you're a spirit now.”

Suddenly vision came back, she was surrounded by transparent beings, people? But, why do they seem so sad? While others looked at least some what
pleasant. She was in a plain of gray grass and gray clouds with sun shining through. It looked kind of depressing, a cold breeze passed, how could it be true, was she, actually a spirit, no, no it- it's impossible!

“How are you now,” the strange voice, which turned out to belong to a strange looking, transparent figure with comforting, gem green eyes asked.

“O-okay, I guess, as okay as a spirit could be.”

“That's good, I'm Renka, a chief spirit, welcome to the spirit town, Tamashii.”

“I'm Koneko, Koneko Kaze, my dad's mayor of the town I come from, Kazeville.”


The author's comments:
My friend inspired me to write this piece. In fact she is the one who said she thought i would be a good writer and got me interested in writing! I intended for it to make people feel emotions, to feel the characters and the scenes, as if they were standing in that scene watching the events that follow.