I am a Cat

By , fort worth, TX
I am a cat, observe my feline artistry. I am a cat, I stalk the moonlit boughs and rooftops. I trace the mice through lowly places, a shadow, I drift through night like a passing breeze.
I am a cat! I define the mystery of the dark, the allure of the forbidden lover, the beauty of the graven goddess. I am a cat.
My eyes catch the light despite the dark of night, I am here. Ominous, glowing,unbiased, staring, observant,uncaring, my eyes. They see the things that you do not, the unspeakable acts of the night, they brim over with secrets, but I will never tell.
In silence, I keep. The perfect still becomes me, and I become this world around me, I dissolve into the darkness.
The pale, white moon is my sister, and she watches my nocturnal life from above.
I am a cat; I am all that you want, and all that you wish to be, and, yet, that which you can neither attain nor achieve. I am your lust, your envy, and your desire, but I have no pity for you.
For I am a cat, and I am independent of your humanity.

Clementine said...
This is gorgeous. I adore this poem. You captured the pure essence of the cat.

beautifullyclueless replied...
oh thankyou so much clementine!!!! ive been dying for some feedback, and i didnt expect anything as positive and encouraging as this! youve really given me hope to continue posting things on here :)