Seph Renegade Prelude | Teen Ink

Seph Renegade Prelude

By AJoseph15 BRONZE, Randolph, New Jersey
AJoseph15 BRONZE, Randolph, New Jersey

The Fusion bomb tore through the gray sky, plummeting to the ground. A woman peered out of her window as the shell cracked open in the stratosphere revealing the lethal and explosive fusion inside. She grabbed her baby and rushed for the door. The ground crackled beneath her feet preceding the impending doom. She rushed to the car and screeched out of the driveway. She stole one last look at the devastation on the horizon behind her and then sped down the void and forsaken road ahead. A teardrop splashed on her steering wheel.

The baby whimpered, and his mother lovingly caressed his brown hair and glimpsed into his pure white eyes.

“Everything will be okay,” The mother lied “, and you will grow into a wonderful being someday.” She turned grimly back to the unforgiving road ahead; she knew what had to happen.

The world was gone; there was no sound, no sight, no smell, only a encircling chasm of light. She forced herself to gain control of her body and turned around to see the obliteration behind her. The world rocked and the ground split. Suddenly noises pierced her ears. They burned in excruciating pain as rubble and houses were devoured and smashed across the flaming skies. People cried in agony as they were annihilated. The ground rippled, forming fractured mountains of wreckage. She tried to scream as the car was ripped into the air and plummeted to the ground in a flaming ball of debris. The baby fell from the car and sliced a deep cut along his neck. He screamed in anguish as the flames swept towards him.

A woman emerged from the thick smoke with a bundle in her hands, she took a fleeting look at the pitiful baby. She paused, unsure what to do as destruction rained upon her. The mother lay crushed beneath the car and she summoned her last breath.

“Take him!”
The mother was consumed in flame and her body disappeared.

The woman rushed towards the baby and scooped him into her arms. She stared in the distance and saw the colossal wave of fusion approaching. She set off at a run, cradling two babies.

She reached the raft she had traveled on and leaped on as it began to depart. The babies both bawled, while the men pushed the raft forward. The skies turned purple, then red, and then a sickly green from the lethal fusion that hung in the air. The seas gently rocked the raft and she set the two stricken babies on the wood. She stared into the abyss of one’s eyes. Pure white.

This is from one of the four stories I have been writing. It is a prolouge to Seph's story. The basic idea is: The Universe began when Dark Energy and Dark Matter collided (They actually exist) They are in forms such as Black Holes (Dark Energy), Planets (Dark Matter), Suns (Dark Energy) etc. Seph was born of a Dark Energy woman and Dark Matter father and he is more powerfull than any other because he has both. The Fusion bomb from the story prolonged his powers yet at 13 he began to regain them. In the first book Seph confronts the devious Satair who has manipulated much of the world into his fist. He plans to use nano technology to rule the minds and hearts of everyone. In book 2, Seph and his friends head into the void of space in a starship Satair created. Seph uses his newfound powers, including Starspeed, to seek out the beings of Dark Matter and Dark Energy... for they are on the brink of war and a war between them created the universe but this war shall end it.

IamtheshyStargirl PLATINUM, Lothlorien, Utah

Boredom instigates extreme creativity.
~Amoniel

"Bowing gratefully to all of my subjects, 'thank you. Thank you. The pleasure is mine." Nah, I'm just kidding. We're all kings together.'"
~Thesilentraven

How could I read the rest of the story?

lmci said...
Keep up the great work, Austin. Your story was exciting and captivating thus far!! Follow your dreams!!

Dedlites said...
on May. 31 2010 at 9:17 am
Very exciting and ambitious begining..profound imagination and terrific command of the English language.....keep up the good work and looking foward for more!!!!

AJoseph15 BRONZE, Randolph, New Jersey
Thanks very much, I know its weird but thats the very beginning, it's meant to be outlandish. But, I was thinking, if you looked at the prelude of Harry Potter or the Percy Jackson Series they may seem weird too. 

on May. 11 2010 at 9:42 am
JoetheBlanc GOLD, Roswell, Georgia

"the shadow proves the sunshine!"

O_o wow. great, exciting beginning, but very, very weird. from what i have read form your stories, you seem to be very knowledgeable in writing, with a very, very imaginative mind. keep writing. 5 stars. oh, and by the way, i hope you knwo this is entirely impossible. i could go on and on, but then i'd miss the point. awesome beginning :)