The Crow

Flying high above the crowd, my wings feel the gentle breeze. I'm soaring higher then all their pathetic attempts at civilization. Their little rock huts are slowly reaching higher. My jet black feathers are starting to fall off as the ice season approaches. I land on a tree next to a small animal-like human. His hair is a mess, his body covered in hair. As he approches I spot in his hand a small rope covered stick. A net! As i spread my wings i find myself trapped at his mercy. Three days have passed and I've been stuck in a cage constently being fed. It's not so bad until i pick up the faint smell of vegtables being boiled. Suddenly the cage I'm in is being carried. Towards the boiling water. As the door opens I try to fly but their's only one way out. Into the pot.

RedTornado said...
actually were all mad here

RedTornado said...
yes it was but it can be used in modern times as well

Aelita said...
Very interesting!  This story makes you think between the lines.  You managed to tell a profound story in a small space!  Was this intended to take place in the ice age?  Keep on writing!

jonas_chic899 said...
May 7, 2010 at 10:26 am
thats kinda scary, yeah i agree- kool perspective and great work!! that kept me reading:]

smilyteenpoet This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
it's a very interesting perspective. The writing fits the mood of the piece.

Aelita replied...
I agree with smilyteenpoet and lime921, the new perspective is what adds depth.  And as for jonas chic899, I would also agree with you- in that the new perspective is what can make it a little scary.  It gives us as people something to think about!  At least.. I assume I'm talking to people... as opposed to rabbits!

lime921 said...
interesting perspective with the crow's point of view