Angel Wings Chapter 2 | Teen Ink

Angel Wings Chapter 2

By NeoPeacemaker BRONZE, Middleburg, Florida
NeoPeacemaker BRONZE, Middleburg, Florida

Chapter 2
Leon’s Dark Past

“I’m sorry about the other day, I wanted to explain everything, but when the demon made his move I was forced to awaken your powers before you were ready. However since she’s safe, would you like me to explain anything?” Said Athena walking on the water around the field

“No, I don’t want you to explain anything to me. All I need to know is what reason do I need these powers, is it to protect her?” Asked Leon

“I see, so you really don’t care that you fought a demon, you don’t care that from this point on that you must swear your life to protecting that girl.” Said Athena walking towards me

“Alright now that I know what I’m supposed to use my power for. I want to begin my training, when can we start?” I asked pulling out my sword

“We can begin in two days because that’s when your vacation starts. Oh! Before I forget, I need to let tell you a secret about your sword, the sword you wield right know is not its true form. You see the sword your holding right know is actually a training sword, in other words when we start your training the sword will start to change until it matches your fighting style. So I want you to get as much rest as possible because when we start your training I’m going to push you past your limit.” Said Athena
I woke up to find Alicia holding a plate of what looked like bacon and eggs and a tray in her left hand. I sat up, removed my covers, and asked her what she was doing; she told me that her parents had to go to work over the weekend for a business trip so she decided to try to make breakfast for me. I also forgot to mention that this was her first time cooking by herself even though she’s been practicing in Home Economics, which made me wonder if the food was even edible.

“C’mon it took me all morning to make this so could you at least try some of the bacon and eggs. Wait are you telling me that me taking a Home Economic class hasn’t helped me at all.” Said Alicia starting to cry

Once I saw that she started to cry I decided to grab the plate and began devouring the food as if it was my last meal on death row. When all the food was gone, I told her that it was great and actually, it was really good. I then told Alicia to leave my room so I could get dressed and when she was gone, I got dressed and headed into the house. I forgot to mention that I don’t live in the house with her and her family I actually live in a shed that they turned into a cozy room for me.

“So Alicia is their anything you want to do today?” I asked

“Well I was wondering if we could maybe go to the…Culinary Festival. If we go it can help me get better at cooking for you.” Said Alicia trying to drag me out of the house

“Alright already we’ll go just stop trying to rip off my arm. (I can tell she’s happy, I just need to keep her happy.) Okay just let me get my stuff and then we can go.” Said Leon

“Thank you Leon, this is going to be the best day ever!” Said Alicia getting excited

Once I had my things, we left the house and headed straight for the festival. It didn’t take us long to get to the festival, I’d give an estimate of at least thirty minutes or more. Right when we got their Alicia ran right past me and started talking to every vendor she could find, which was kind of weird. I sat down on a bench that gave me a full view of ever vendor so I could keep my eye on Alicia.

“Leon! Why are you just sitting down when you could be spending time with me and giving me tips on things you would like me to cook?” Asked Alicia with her arms crossed and her face glowing bright red

“Alright, I’ll go with you, now would you please stop making that face, it doesn’t suit you.” Said Leon

I then got up from the bench and walked around the festival with Alicia hitting every stand that had something that I liked to eat. She made me try everything at ever stand whether I liked it or not. By the time we hit the sixteenth stand I was so full I could have been a stuffed animal. However, I really did enjoy spending the day with her because it’s been so long since we’ve done something with just the two of us.

“Hey Leon can we see one last thing before we go home?” Asked Alicia

“Well what is it you want to see?” Asked Leon

“I want to visit my brother’s grave, it’s been awhile since I’ve visited it.” Said Alicia placing her hand over her heart

“Sure we can do that, I think it would be best if we went and did it right now, before it gets too late.” Said Leon

We left the festival around five o’clock and arrived at the graveyard about an hour later. We had to stop at a flower shop along the way so Alicia could buy some flowers to place on her brother’s grave. When we got to her brothers grave I stood back and let her do whatever she wanted to do in private.

“Leon I sense a dark presence coming from her brother’s grave, we need to get her out of here, immediately!” Said Athena in a panic

I agreed with Athena however when I was about to get Alicia’s attention a massive surge of dark energy poured out of her brothers grave. The darkness then began to leak out of the grave and when I saw it was about to touch Alicia, everything stopped. I looked around and saw that a sphere of light surrounded Alicia and I also noticed that something was trying to come out of the grave.

“Don’t worry Leon Alicia is safe, I’ve placed a barrier around her which makes time progress a lot slower and protects her. Go ahead and get ready to fight!” Said Athena

“Excito Athena!” Said Leon

Once my sword was in my hand I got into my attack stance and waited for something to happen, even though my attack stance was just me holding my sword. I waited for at least three minutes before something shot out of the grave and land a few feet from it. The creature looked deformed yet still had the face of a human and body however it didn’t have the face of just any ordinary human it had the face of Alicia’s brother.

“Finally I’ve been stuck in that grave for who knows how long, and to think the only reason I’m here right now is because of you, Leon Lion Heart!

“Why, why did you have to give in to the darkness…Caesar? Of all people how could someone like you make a deal with the darkness?” Asked Leon

“Someone like me, have you forgotten that you’re the reason I died? Have you forgotten that we were never friends? Have you forgotten that you’re the one who KILLED ME?” Asked Caesar

“I-I…” Said Leon

“What’s wrong, are you remembering what you did to me that day? Are you remembering the day that you saved my sister from death? The day I tried to kill my sister!” Said Caesar

“Shut up! I remember that day quite well so you don’t need to remind, I did what I had to do to protect her! Even if it meant killing her own brother!” Said Leon

“Why don’t we dispense with the formalities and get down to business, or are you to scared to fight me?” Asked Caesar

Right when I was about to charge at Caesar my sword vanished and I heard Athena tell me to bring it out again. I then placed my left hand to my side, and then opened up a portal, placed my hand through it, and grabbed what felt like a cloth of some sort. I then pulled the cloth out of the portal only to find it was attached to a very long, slim, and curved sword engulfed in a heavenly light. Once the blade was completely out I then began to spin the blade while holding the cloth.

“So it seems that you have a few tricks up your sleeve but they won’t be enough to defeat me!” Said Caesar

“You know, I really don’t care! Now let’s get this battle started!” Said Leon

Immediately after I said that I charged straight towards Caesar and without hesitating, swung my sword right at his neck. When my blade hit the ground, I grabbed the cloth with my right hand, pulled it up, and caught it with my left hand as I came around for another strike. All the while we were fighting I had no actual idea what I was doing; I was pretty much just swinging my sword around hoping to hit him. After my ninth attack I realized that no matter how hard I tried Caesar’s skill was far above mine, yet unlike him I had a reason to fight.

“You know Leon I was expecting a little more fight out of you but then again you haven’t had much practice in sword fighting. Now I guess I should hurry up and end this battle!” Said Caesar charging right at me

“Athena please lend me your strength, I need that strength in order to win this fight?” I asked clenching my sword

Right when Caesar was a few feet from me, I vanished and reappeared behind him with my swords cloth encircling him. I then grabbed the cloth and pulled it, which then wrapped around Caesar making it impossible for him to move. Once the cloth wrapped him I then vanished and reappeared right above him and was about to strike when a beam of dark light engulfed him.

“W-what’s going on, I’m not finished yet! I can still fight, just give me a little more time! Listen to me Leon Lion Heart, next time we meet, I swear I’m going to rip out you organs and strangle you with them!” Said Caesar getting lifted up into the sky

“Finally he’s gone, for now!” I said falling to the ground

This is chapter 2 of the Angel wings saga. I really hope everyone enjoys it becuase it took me three weeks to get it to where it is now.