The Monster | Teen Ink

The Monster

April 11, 2010
By lildanza BRONZE, Commack, New York
lildanza BRONZE, Commack, New York
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Dear Journal,

It was a bright and sunny afternoon. I was taking a walk through the park when I was hit with a brilliant idea. I am going to create a monster. I always wanted to. I would name it Daisy and it would be a good monster. Daisy would help me with my chores and take tests for me in school. It would be prefect!

What I did not realize is that monsters can never be good. They are always bad no matter how sincere their creator is. I didn’t realize until it was to late…

It was a regular Saturday afternoon. I was in my basement, sun was pouring in, and the birds were singing. I got all my materials and ingredients ready just like eHow told me too. All I needed was the baking soda. I spent 3 hours looking for it and I found it in cupboard, what a weird place for baking soda. Any who, I was ready to make my monster. I poured all the ingredients into the big bowl and mixed like my life depended on it. All of sudden, the skies turned black and thunder started bellowing out. Rain was pouring like waterfalls from the sky and the wind was knocking every tree possible into my windows. I had a really bad feeling about this but hey, what could possibly go wrong? I said to my self this is real life, and it is just a coincidence that its looks really scary out. I took the mixture and I formed it into a body. Daisy did not look so hot right now. She was all mushy and she had no hair and no nails. Her fingers were prune like and her eyes were hollow and gross. She smelled like my brother after a three hour wrestling practice in a hot sticky gym with 20 other teenage boys. Enough said. I did not like her at all. I did not like where this was going either. But hey, I liked a good adventure. I plugged all the forks into the outlet and I got ready to zap her to life. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. KA BOOOM! “STACEY WHAT ARE YOU DOING DOWN THERE!?” my mom screamed. “MOM RELAX! I’m making a monster!” “Okay honey just don’t make a mess.” Mothers sometimes, can’t live with them, can’t live with out them. “Ehhhhhhhhhhhh” Daisy was alive!

I looked at my masterpiece and ewww was she nasty. She was even worse then before. Her skin was an orangey yellow color and her hair was jet black and a curly mess. She was huge! She was about 8 feet and she was kind of chunky too. Her eyes were way too small for her face and she had a crooked hook like nose. Her lips were chapped and green. Do not even get me started on her feet. They were pale, her nails were old, and fungus was growing all over her foot. There was so much hair I could I could have made a wig for seven people. She also had a TAIL! Where did that come from?! ehow did not say anything about tails! I did not create this monster. Something must have happened. Something bad. I think Daisy realized I was horrified because she let out a horrible screech. “AAYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!” She clobbers through my basement wall and runs away onto the street. She leaves 10 foot deep footprints behind and people run out of her sight. I have to fix this I say to myself. “Someone help me I’m only 15 years old! Call the National Guard, someone call the FBI!” I race after her and she is destroying everything in her sight. Oh no! Mom is going to kill me! All of a sudden, I hear voices through a helicopter’s speaker. “We have the monster contained. Everyone seek shelter.” Darts started falling from the airplanes and Daisy starts swatting at them like they are bees. One finally lands on her neck and she slowly goes down. She lands on the ground in a big ka-boom. All you see is a big cloud of dust and mud and everything is silent… Boy did I learn my lesson. Guess I just have to suck it up and do my own dishes. I think I might sue eHow. They were so wrong and because of that, so many buildings were destroyed. Even worse, my mom grounded me for 3 weeks. How ridiculously unfair is that? It wasn’t even my fault. Jeez, can’t a kid do anything these days?

Time to do my chores, Journal. If I had a monster, I could keep writing but noooo. Mine ended up crazy and breaking buildings in half.





Love, Stacey