Differents | Teen Ink

Differents

By GraceGallows PLATINUM, Plainville, Massachusetts
GraceGallows PLATINUM, Plainville, Massachusetts

Screams filled the silent night. Screms of both joy and fear. Gunshots peirced through the silent night, the signal. Children wake up terrified, but I, I wake with a smile spread across my face. Finally, it has begun. This is the day I have been waiting for all my life. I run over to my walk in closet. I grab a dark pair of jeans, a black tshirt and a long trench cout. I put it on and rae to the door where my black boot are waiting for me. I put them on as I run out into the rain. The rain was very heavy, it cast a silver shadow on the dark night. On my hannd I stare at my tattoo that marks me as I am, the tattoo that has a gun and the word different on it. I smile, but only for a mere second, then I put my hand into a fist as I run. I was running through the rain that hit my face like nails, I ran for about twenty minutes until I got to the meeting place. My legs were screaming in agony, my lungs begging for oxygen. "Liextra, nice of you to finally join us" My leader spoke the words so cruely. "Sorry it took me so long Tikowa, but unlike the rest of you, my only form of transportation is my two legs." I replied making my voice sound cold and mean. "Well, that little problem can be fixed. Go out, like every other seventeen year old, and get your licence, I don't think your legs will help much in the mission." She replied.