My Escape (Part 1)

“Ugh,” I whispered. My head hurt and my whole body ached. I opened my eyes to the bright light, almost as bright as the sun.
I looked down at myself. I was strapped into a gurney! I looked around my surroundings. Everything was so different and… advanced. The feeling that overcame me was not amazement, enthusiasm, or anger; it was fear. I had heard about this place before, heard about the occupants of this place. This place was a spaceship not of this world; this was an alien spaceship.
My thoughts were not coherent. All I knew was that I should get myself out of this place as fast as I can.
I pushed and pulled myself out of the straps and gurney, which had already made me exhausted. I spotted my backpack by the wall and ran over to it to check if all the supplies I had stolen were there. Yep, it was there.
I ran out of the room and, stupid as I was due to my incoherent thoughts, I was not aware that creatures so advanced would have alarms. I set one off. It was beeping so loud it made my thoughts even less coherent, if it were possible. But, I guess now was a time to use instinct. So, I ran faster.
Luckily, my instincts were good and got me to the front door of the entrance. There was a code and a card slide. No! I thought. Stupid, stupid!
Suddenly, I heard footsteps and I turned my back to the door. Green aliens came around the corner and I went to draw my knives from my waist. They were gone! Rats! They must have taken them out from me!
So, when they came near, I punched, kicked, and lashed out at them. Their sharp, advanced weapons got a few cuts in me. I quickly opened my backpack, looking for something to use as a weapon. My knives! They were on the bottom of my backpack. Stupid aliens! I though joyously. I grabbed my knives and threw them with acute accuracy at their throats. Some of them exploded, sending green blood in my face and on my clothes.
I searched them for a card or something; when I found it, I took it and slid it across the coded card slide. I hoped that was enough, and it was! I quickly stepped out and ran.
I’m safe! my mind thought, but my body, covered with blood now and past scars, knew better: on the outside, you should always be aware.

KentuckyJohnWall11 said...
Apr. 21, 2010 at 8:10 am
I really enjoyed this, it is very hard to make Sci Fi really interesting in the begining.

PlainJaneThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Thank you! It's nice to get a compliment and know someone else enjoys it.

Janna said...
Apr. 20, 2010 at 12:23 am
This is a really imaginative piece of writing, I really got into the charocters shoes! Can you please read mine? Keep up the creativity!

Thank you! =]