Blood Tie | Teen Ink

Blood Tie

March 31, 2010
By DannieCatch22 SILVER, Kettering, Northants, Other
DannieCatch22 SILVER, Kettering, Northants, Other
8 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
'I never told my love vocally; But if looks have words the merest idiot might have guessed I was over head and ears.' Wuthering Heights.


It's getting harder to stay away from her. Everyday, her blood is calling to me. It sings a sweet melody that sticks in my head like a bad song. I can't escape it. No matter how hard I have tried over the years, she is the only song I hear. The only face I see. I belong to her and she should be mine!
'Not thinking about her again are we little brother?'
'Richard, back the hell off. I'm not in the mood for your mind games.'
He chuckled. 'Come now brother, you think it's me playing the mind games? Well that certainly tickles me. You blame me for messing you up when the cause of your insanity is... as you so poetically put it... Singing to you.' He poured himself some whiskey. I hate the way he does this. He knows me too well. 'If I were you, I'd move on. I'd find a new lady friend who is willing to give. Someone who actually wants you would be a good starting point.'
'You know there will never be anyone else! We are blood bound Richard! Please understand that!' My head began to pound. I needed to calm down. 'I'm going for a walk.'
I walked up to Milton Forest. I knew of a small clearing to the west. It was my own place. I could think clearly. There was a brook that ran alongside the edge of the clearing. I sat on the bank and threw pebbles.
Why do I let myself get so worked up over him? Since the first time, we have never been brotherly, so why are we forcing ourselves to get along when it so clearly isn't working? I need to think of a solution. I can't go back to Hollie. She'll probably be waiting with a wooden stake or some garlic or some other vampire killing weapon. She's so new to this she won't have worked out that I can only be killed when she is. When a blood tie is formed.. the vampire shares the life of the human. In the case that the human becomes a vampire, then all four elements are needed to destroy either of us.

The author's comments:
Again, Just another extract from one of my 8 novels