The Fall entry 1

Nov 6, 2062

I just found this notebook amidst of all the rubble. I never thought about keeping a journal until now. An old friend told me I should, so if anyone was still alive they would know our struggle. Maybe I should start with who I am. My name is Shane and I am 16. I have good looks that any girl would fall for and I’m stronger than anyone I’ve met (not really). I have brown hair and green eyes. Yeah I know, it’s a weird combination but you can’t blame me, I was born with it. I am 5’11 and kind of well built. I live in a settlement called Hope. Hope is a place where anybody can feel safe. It’s a place where people work together for the greater good.

It’s also a place for the Terran Rebellion. We all have a job at Hope. We all do a ‘civilian’ job than we have a ‘military’ job. I am a Runner. A Runner is basically a scout. We go out to find survivors and bring them back to Hope. We also go ahead of the scavenging groups to make sure that there are no Orbs, raiders, or Goblins. If we do we see if there is an alternate route. If there aren’t we engage the enemy. I said we were scouts but we carry enough equipment to take out a tank. The Orbs are the hardest to take down. We usually shoot them down with RPGs or FMG-148 Javelin missile launcher. For raiders we take them out with M40A1 Sniper Rifles. And for goblins we use swords.
Yup after the invasion, a lot of these “goblins” came out from underground and started terrorizing the near dead humanity. These things are usually 6’0 tall, red skinned, and one eye. Oh, they also have mouths in their hands. I once saw two of them strip a cow of all its meat in two minutes. Then I got out of dodge before they saw me. The Orbs are basically what their name implies. Huge, floating, spheres that can shoot lasers. Oh yeah I said it, they can shoot lasers. Cool right? Wrong. These things invaded Terra so they could harvest our minds to make more of their kind. The weird thing was we knew that they were coming. We had a warning from an alien. We, for some reason, didn’t listen. Well look where that got us. Well I got to go. They are calling me to H.Q... I will write more tomorrow.

-Ash- said...
Feb. 1, 2012 at 1:20 am:
very original! although he seems a bit perfect, but other than that very interesting!

Beachgirl1 said...
Apr. 19, 2011 at 9:33 am:
very intresting. i like all the different characters and it makes you want to read the next reading to see the backround story. good job. science fiction is hard to write :) 

Annerdy said...

I was totally impressed with the originality of the storyline. Most people I know aren't interested in writing science fiction so props to you. :] I like the personal comments that Shane jots down but I don't like how he seems like one of those perfect main characters with absolutely no flaws. It's the way he describes himself- like there are no internal conflicts because he's so sure of his cocky self (unless he was supposed to be cocky). Usually what makes a story good is not just the chang... (more »)

Raven_Mi said...
Dec. 31, 2010 at 7:09 am:
i lv it, it really has a personal touch and the weird creatures r sooooo amazing

Writer12 said...
I lOVE IT. All the fantasy creatures are so cool. What's next, Ghosts, Dragons, Demons. Please, please, please write more i so want to read more. Oh, thanks for the comment on my fan fiction.