Prologue

Prologue

Alek ran through the square at top speed. He dodged the people and bikes, darted between cars, and dashed down alleyways hoping he would lose her in the bustle of the crowd. Finally, out of breath he squeezed into a small hole in a door behind a few trashcans, breathing heavily and wishing she had lost sight of him. He heard her feet slapping against the pavement as she ran into the alley in which he had hid. He then heard silence as she stopped, inspecting the gloom before her, hunting for him.

“Alek,” She called. She sounded just as winded as he was, and livid. “I know you stole it. I want it back!” Alek held his breath, pleading with the gods that she would look past him. His heart was pounding so loudly that he was sure she would find him despite the gloom of the alley and the noises of New York.

“You know what you took from me. You know I will find you.” Her voice lowered, almost soft and calm, but he knew it was a mind trick; she was trying to get him to fear her enough to give himself up. He knew her well enough to know that was a bad idea.

Alek resolved to crawl deeper into what seemed to be an apartment building, abandoned obvious. He held in his sneezes for fear of her hearing, but this was difficult. The dust in the atmosphere was thick.
“Alek” her voice but a whisper now, “I will find you.” She was right outside the hole now. “You know, I know it, so if you would just come out of hiding. Save me the time and energy of having to look for you. It is all in your best interest.” Alek hated her. He felt a chill shoot down his spine as he heard her dragging her elongated nails against the brick of the wall outside the building.

“Alek, this is my last warning.” She intoned slowly. “You will give me what I want. If you don’t, you know you will suffer.” Alek now began to squirm. She knows where I am. She can see me. She will kill me. Oh, God do not let me die. Not to a witch like her.

“Boo."

ZAVERY said...
Wow! I love this! Plz post the next part FAST.

Mahlyenki_Dyavol replied...
May 11, 2010 at 11:54 am :
I loved it T, cant wait for the next part.

JeanGrey replied...
May 27, 2010 at 1:13 am :
Thanks bud :)