Virus- The Seven Passwords | Teen Ink

Virus- The Seven Passwords

February 27, 2010
By Wadilo13 BRONZE, Los Angeles, California
Wadilo13 BRONZE, Los Angeles, California
2 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"Any fool can know, the point is to understand" -Albert Einstein


PROLOGUE
I did it.
Of all people, the President hired me for the most important mission ever. I wasn't some top secret agent trained to do this kind of thing. Medical students don't learn how to shoot guns and crack codes. So how did I earn this position? My teachers tell me I'm a genius but I think of myself as someone who just wants to do well in the world.
I'm retired now. I spend my days reading, traveling, and managing. Managing what? My own hotel in paradise. Paid cash for it.
By now, you've read about the passwords. The entire world knows.
The International Health Council (IHC) collected every single human's DNA and found a cure - for everything. Every disease and ailment. After the IHC cracked the human code, they split up the information into seven pieces. Each continent could only access its own database. Why? Because if scientists could find a cure for everything, they might be able to find an end. The end. A virus so deadly it could wipe out everyone on the planet. So in order to avoid that risk, only one person knew all seven passwords.
When he disappeared, the passwords did as well.
My partner and I were given six weeks to gather the missing codes. Call me Camille.


The author's comments:
I wrote this in 7th grade. It was my National Novel Writing Month book. I don't really hope you get anything from it but I would really like some negative and positive feedback. Thank You.