The meadow | Teen Ink

The meadow

By Imnotalone BRONZE, Cumming, Georgia
Imnotalone BRONZE, Cumming, Georgia

As I walk on to the edge of the meadow with Scarlet. The cool breeze ruffles my long white gown. I glance around at the big open wheat field under the light of the full moon. I look at the woods surrounding the field then I smile at Scarlet, and I take off I dance in the big open field. I dance to the middle of the field then spin, and stop to look back at Scarlet who was now running to me as tears fill her eyes. All of a sudden something grabbed me around my waist and yanks me into the wood. I black out.

I feel someone’s arms around me, and my back against someone’s knee. I feel the cool breeze hitting my cheeks, and I slowly blink my eyes open to discover myself in the arms of a boy, about my age. He looks at me and smiles at me.

“Hello, I’m Jake. I’m sorry I don’t have time to explain what’s going on. I must get you out of here and fast.” They boy told me then he helps me to my feet. He takes my hand and pulls me through the woods.

After around ten minutes we arrive at a little brick road. I took one step onto it, and my shoes go, “click,” I look over to Jake and smile. Then I say, “What is going on? Where is Scarlet?”

He says, “Scarlet is in a war, but don’t worry Nemesis is helping her.”

I look at him and ask, “Who is Nemesis?” then I take his hand and squeeze it in hope that it will make me feel better, but as soon as I grab it I feel a shock of energy go through my body.

“Nemesis is her uncle and my best friend. He is the most powerful person threw out this land. He is the one who saved you from being in the middle of the war. That meadow is where the war is taking place. He got you right in time, then he hand you to me, and said, ‘I’m going to go for a stroll.’ Then he smiled at me then it got really cold then he left.” Jake explains to me.

I get dizzy and drop to my knees, and then everything got cold.

“Oh she is awake now.” I heard a man with a British ancient. I look up and see a ten foot tall lizard man wearing a suit of armor on. I let out a blood curtailing scream.
Jake jumps down to me and covered my mouth with his hand, and whispers, “Shhhh…. Everything is fine this is Nemesis.”
I stop screaming, but tears welt up in my eyes. I feel on my butt, and I looked up at Nemesis and asked, “Where is Scarlet?”
Nemesis smiles at me with this evil smile then says, “Turn around.”
I turn around slowly then to my surprise I see Scarlet! I scream, “Scarlet!” I jump up and hug her.
“Hello dear.” Scarlet says.
“Scarlet, we must depart, and leave the boy and the girl alone.” Nemesis tells her then she grabs her wrist and pulls her away.
Jake smiles at me, then walks over to me, and he moves a single strand of hair from my face. He softly bushed the tips of his fingers across my cheek. His touch sent a shock of energy threw my body.
Jake stairs deeply into my eyes, then slowly moves in to kiss me. His lips softly brushed against mine.
I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him closer.
Jake wraps his arms around my waist and pulled me in close, and kissed me over and over again.
I pulled away to look into his eyes, when all of a sudden when I looked into Jake’s eyes I saw darkness and death, then I looked at him and realized it wasn’t Jake at all. It was my worst fear… The Grim Ripper.
He smiles at me, then takes my head in both hands and said, “I see fear in you, what I think you need is… Death.” Then his bone hands tightened round my face then he turn my head so fast to the side it snapped my Neck.
Everything went black, and I died.

This came to me in a dream.