The Vampire Detective-Part Six

The Consul Regent stared down at Melody. She didn’t know what she expected him to look like, but it wasn’t this. On the ride over Revenant had explained that the he was the nephew of King Arthur and had immigrated to America at the start of the 1900’s. He was the knight Sir Gareth. Who slew the Red and Black Knight’s. She stood and looked at him. He was young in looks, only about twenty. He had blue-black eyes and thin eyebrows. Black hair streaked with red and fair skin. Definitely, not what she expected. He turned to Revenant and Melody felt as though a tremendous weight had just come off her. The half red and half black suit he wore glowed. Revenant seemed to be turning all his energy to not looking into the Consul Regent’s eyes.

“Well?” his voice was musical but commanding.

“Sir, I wish to start a formal investigation on Osiris’ disappearance” he stated.

“Wait” Melody piped up, I thought you were a Private Detective?”

“No I simply use that as a front to find cases for the Department to solve and as a way to earn extra cash” Revenant smiled.

“That is sneaky and underhanded” Melody exclaimed.

“It is also the perfect front” Revenant smiled again.

“Melody that is exactly how Revenant operates” Porcelain chimed in.

“Oh great, I'm stuck with a guy who works as a double agent…fun, fun!” Melody sarcastically muttered.

“Can you all zip it” The Consul Regent muttered. His voice never rising above a whisper but filling them all with trepidation.

“Sir you have to see this!!” a young man about twenty-four burst in.

“What!?” All exclaimed.

“Someone was just murdered on Big Ben

“What!? All exclaimed again.

“Television on!” the Consul Regent called. A massive plasma screen slid from the wall and lit up. Ten news channels all broadcasted the same image. A man hanging limp from the minute hand of Big Ben, it read midnight.

“Damn it! Revenant! Grief! New case!” the Consul Regent bellowed.

“What me! With her!” Revenant was shocked and stated that at the same time Porcelain said:

“Me! With him!”

“I thought we were solving my Uncle’s disappearance!” Melody was crushed.

“I have a lead that has something to do with Osiris’ disappearance that a friend of mine in Britain has been holding on to” Porcelain stated cooly.

“You have friends!” Revenant exclaimed, feigning shock. Porcelain gave him the finger. “Oh you have one? I have two!” Revenant returned the gesture twofold.

“Would you two please stop being so immature!” Melody shouted.

“I agree with the child” the Consul Regent added. Melody felt power from his belief even if she was indignant at having been called a child again.

“When do we leave?” Revenant sighed.

“Right now you're taking my private jet” the Consul Regent stated.

“Woo hoo!” Revenant laughed.

“Boo hoo” Porcelain sighed.

Mahlyenki_Dyavol said...
Oh- yeah, im deffinitly seeing a past relationship between the two of them

SageSin said...
May 11, 2010 at 9:49 am:
a crazyness named regent and killing on big ben i guess thats nice XD

LectorS said...
Amazing, as usual! Love the new twist it's taken, and can't wait for more!

JeanGrey said...
Apr. 5, 2010 at 8:29 am:
Oh my goodness when is more???? Precious!!! Precious!!!<----says in a freakish raspy voice, then bites off Frodo's finger* lol jk but awesomeness :) Hurry up and make more magic!!!!

JeanGrey replied...
Apr. 5, 2010 at 8:30 am :
Oh and P.S: i am loving that little fights with Porceline! They are hilarious!!!

Ceneteros2804 replied...
Apr. 5, 2010 at 6:44 pm :
Thanks Jean for all your comments. Part Seven should be submitted today or early tomorrow.

JeanGrey replied...
Apr. 8, 2010 at 5:30 pm :
*claps* yay!!

Pensive?Gurl said...
Mar. 28, 2010 at 1:34 pm:
Whoo! Awesomeness!!! Can't wait for the next part! =] (walks into a dark closet and waits while eating popcorn and making ghost sounds at innocent passerbys(?) then snickers evilly as they run away, screamming in terror) mwahaha! >=]

Ceneteros2804 replied...
Mar. 29, 2010 at 4:04 pm :
Thanks Mica, this is my first comment in ages and apparently i'm gonna be on the front of the sci fi/fantasy homepage, with Parts two and three.