Morphed | Teen Ink

Morphed

By twilightlove123 SILVER, Dexter, Michigan
twilightlove123 SILVER, Dexter, Michigan

“Chance,” he whispered, “why won’t you look at me?”

I felt bad because I knew I couldn’t tell him my secret, the secret I longed to tell anyone that got too close to me. “Sorry, I guess I just got lost in my thoughts. So, what are we doing today?” I asked with as much enthusiasm as possible.

“Hmm, I was thinking picnic, on the dock, sunset. You in?” he planned on me accepting.

“Oh sorry Owen, I’m not allowed on the dock after five. How about we go to my house and watch a movie and we can just chill?” I said making up it up as I went.

“Sure, anything for you,” he replied blushing.

“You’re a dork, but your my dork,” I replied jokingly. Then I got up and jumped in his car. The ride home was all one motion.

***

“Get up Flari!” the leader of my tribe screamed at me. My name seemed to echo through the sewer.

“I’m coming Dominic! Don’t go yelling at me!” I spat back. I heard muffled laughs throughout our camp. Then footsteps started pounding my way.

“Now you better listen to me Flari, just because you were the leader before I rescued your tribe, doesn’t mean you can go around saying whatever you want or talk back to me. I am your leader now. One more crack and I’ll banish you,” he argued.

I cracked. “Banish?”, I laughed, “What are you my fairy godmother?” I got up and fought against him, I defeated him, he was still alive. I’d let the other members heal him. I was sick of his crap. I walked away from my tribe forever.

***

“Hey Chance, you know what the one thing I don’t know about you is?” Owen prompted.

“No, what?” I replied.

“Your middle name,” he released.

“My middle name is… well actually its kind of embarrassing, its Flari,” I sighed.

“Wow,” he released, “that’s really pretty. Wait so Chance Flari Gorson. Lucky, your name sounds cool like, like an agent.”

My face went white. It was silly, I mean, I’m sure he didn’t mean that he knew about my past. I acted on his last words.

“What do you mean?” I blared at him.

“Nothing, gosh what’s wrong?” he asked.

I didn’t want to tell him my past and put him in danger. He must never know what I really am. Definitely not human. “Sorry, I didn’t mean to yell, and nothing is wrong,” I apologized.

“If something is ever wrong, you know you can tell me Chance, right?” he whispered.

“I know Owen, and thanks, but everything is fine,” I assured him.
***

I walk through the cold winter days and nights. No one is in sight. Snow covers my coat. I know I need to find shelter and get warm. I try to seek out for anyone, anything that can help me. I shiver. Then I realize I can help myself. A loud cry escaped my mouth.

I breathe heavy puffs, I pound on the earth. I morphed into a bear. This ought to keep me warm.
***

“I love you Chance,” he stated, it shocked me at first, then I knew I loved him too. In that moment my whole body went numb and warm. I felt his presence leaning towards me, waiting for my response.

“I love you too,” and I then felt his lips on mine. I have kissed Owen before but, we never had this much passion. It felt as if our lips were two puzzle pieces that just fit together. Once and for all I have found him. Why is he falling for me, a morphed freak, I am afraid to leave now, he is too attached, I love him too dearly…

I just felt like writing and this is what came up, i know its not very good but its a start!