Lies: Part 2 | Teen Ink

Lies: Part 2

By love96 BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan
love96 BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan

I awoke, sweat beating down my forehead. What a dream, I thought! I wondered, though, could the guy at my window somehow be connected to the disappearance of my brother? Maybe this dream was a sign...wait, no, it couldn’t be. I’m just overreacting about this whole situation. Well, whatever my dream meant, if it even meant anything, I would have to shake it off and forget about it. Today was my date with Nick and I wanted everything to be perfect.

I arrived to school early that morning. My hair looked great I had woken up early and waved it. My outfit was cute: I was wearing tall boots with a mini skirt and a black low cut V-neck shirt. I had to admit I looked great.

“Hey beautiful,” Nick said coming toward me, then he hesitated and said, “Wow, Elizabeth you look amazing, I really like it,” he said looking up and down at my body.

“Thanks, I’m really excited for tonight,” I told him, blushing.

“I know, me too. Can I ask you one thing, though?”

“Um, yeah ok shoot,” I responded.

“How did I end up getting a date with the most gorgeous girl in the school? I feel like the luckiest man alive,” he said, a huge smile spreading across his face.

“We’re both lucky to be with each other,” I answered, returning his smile.

“Okay, so I was thinking about seven, do you think I can pick you up around that time?”

“Yeah, that sounds good, but to be honest I’m kind of scared,” I admitted.

“Scared? Why?” he asks a frown forming on his face.

“Well, I just heard the movie was super scary,” I gushed, embarrassment coming over me. It was the truth, though; whenever I watched a scary movie, I always had nightmares.

“Oh well, it will be okay, you can just snuggle into me,” he said smiling that perfect smile of his.

“I’ll keep that in mind,” I responded.

“Well, got to run. I’ll c’ya at seven.”

“Okay, bye,” I said still smiling.

It was six already and I had no idea what to wear. I needed to look perfect for tonight but, ugh, what to wear? I had no idea whether to wear a dress, skirt or just go casual. Nick is more of a casual jean type of guy, so I guess I could just wear jeans and still manage to look good. I finally figured it out: I was going to wear my skinny jeans I just got with tall black heels and a hot pink halter top to spice it up a bit.

“Elizabeth a handsome young gentleman is here for you,” I hear my mother yell up the stairs.

“Coming,” I yell back as I do the finishing touches in my hair. I was ready to go but my stomach was all twisted. I walked down the stairs quickly eager to see Nick. Then I see him and I was blown away. He looked well, really hot. He was wearing jeans like I thought, but his shirt was a v-neck and it was close to his chest where I could see his muscles. He looked amazing. His hair looked longer and when he flipped, it was as if a cool calm wind was in his face and his beautiful hazel eyes were stunning as always. They kept me mesmerized whenever I looked straight into them. Nick honestly looked like the most handsome guy I’d ever seen.

“Hi,” I said a blush forming in my checks.

“Hi,” he laughed, “I’m happy you said yes to today. I know it’ll be a night you’ll never forget. Oh, and you look wonderful as always,” he says.

“Thanks. Well, are you ready to go before my parents start getting out the camera?” I said laughing.

“Okay, yeah sure, let’s go.”

I was just putting my jacket on when, he helps me. Wow, I thought, handsome and a gentlemen. I was in love with Nick Everwood. I couldn’t get him out of my head. He was all I ever thought about. As we exited my front porch, he took my hand and wraps it around his, sending butterflies up my stomach. He looks at me and smiles. For me his smile meant a thousands words, I loved it. As I thought, he was a gentleman. He opened my side of the car door and waited for me to get in.

“Okay, so do you want to play truth?” he asks.

“Um, okay but you have to ask the question first,” I respond.

“Ok, you got a deal. So let me see, what’s your deepest darkest secret?”

“That I’m still scared of clowns to this day,” I laughed a bit.

“Clowns huh, I would have never figured,” he says.

“Ok my turn, what made you ask me out today?” I question him. I got a little bit embarrassed for asking but eager to know the answer.

“Actually many things did. I don’t know if you’ve noticed but I’ve liked you for a really long time. I’ve just never thought you felt the same way and I didn’t want to ruin our friendship over asking you out. You’re the most beautiful, sweetest girl I know and I was so happy when you agreed to go out tonight. I’ve waited so long for this day to come,” he says smiling at me. I didn’t notice but we were already in the movie parking lot, but I just wanted to sit here and talk to him some more.
As I look back at Nick, I notice him staring right at me, then I look into his deep hazel eyes and became mesmerized by them; they made me feel all warm inside. We kept staring at each other, no words coming out just staring passionately into each other’s eyes. He started leaning in closer, as did I. Then our lips touched gently and we were kissing but I didn’t want it to end. I wrapped my arms around his neck. The kiss was magical everything I ever wanted and more. We were both getting out of breath but this sensation was what I’d been waiting for. When our lips parted, he slowly began to move his mouth across my cheek then to me ear and then he whispers, “I love you, I’ve always wanted to be with you and now you’re all mine,” I could feel the curve of his mouth coming into a smile. Then his mouth finds mine again but this kiss was more eager. His hand cupped my face and he kept leaning in closer to the point he was next to me in my seat. My hands now were going down his chest. Our kisses non-stopping until we both had to break away for air.
“Wow,” I blurted.
“I know wow,” he says smiling “are you ready to go see that movie and do a little bit more of that in there?”
“Of course,” I say back smiling.
He comes to the other side of my door and opens it for me, then he takes my hand and entwines it in his and we head to the theater to buy our tickets.
“Ok well were already late, so I’ll go get the popcorn real quick and you can go get seated if that’s okay?” he asks.
“Yeah that fine, I’ll miss you,” I exclaimed giving him a quick kiss then heading off to get the seats.
As I walk into the theater, I notice no one else is in there. I didn’t know what but something didn’t feel right. In the pit of my stomach, I felt as if someone was watching me. I sat down waiting for Nick, trying to ignore the gut wrenching feeling I had. It took a couple of minutes but then I heard footsteps, I smile knowing that Nick will be with me soon. He approaches me behind my seat and covers my mouth. I let out a giggle and right as I’m about to give him a kiss I notice it wasn’t him. It was someone else. Those eyes I was staring at, those deep, blue piercing eyes I looked directly into, I would know those eyes anywhere. It was the guy at window.
“NICK, NICK!” I scream but it’s barely audible. His hand was still covering my mouth.
“Come on, let’s go,” he hollers at me.
“No, I’m not going any where with you. Leave me alone!” I shout.
“Lizzie, we can do this my way or the hard way; which way would you like?”
“Neither,” I say and I dart for the door. However, like in my dream he grabs me by the arm and shoves me across the floor, coming closer and closer until I drift away.

Madeline PLATINUM, Lake View Terrace, California

If you always see the positive, you'll never see the negative.

the parts with the window guy are kind of creepy and i get goosebumps. the rest of it is really good too.

Clarissa123 said...
I read you lies: part 1 and this one and I have to say your a really good writer! :)