Aaron Walker | Teen Ink

Aaron Walker

By licilee BRONZE, Hockessin, Delaware
licilee BRONZE, Hockessin, Delaware

"People say that nothing is impossible, But I do nothing everyday."- Winnie the Pooh

He looked at me like he knew who I was, but I had no idea who he was. He was confident as he spoke. Even when I began to decline his offer his confidence never dropped. He was one of those people who you would trust with your life. So I decided to follow him. He said he worked for the government like I did but I don’t think I have ever seen him before.
“There are secrets in our government that you don’t know,” he said, “but today you’re going to learn some of them.” He said sector seven was a highly classified sector. He worked in sector seven. I have never ever heard of sector seven, I guess that is why it’s so classified. The secrets in that sector are the nation’s most important secrets, secrets that have been kept for centuries.
It was nice to know that I had proven myself worthy enough to learn about sector seven. I figured that if they were telling me all this information about it I was soon to become one of the few members of our nation’s government who knows about the secrets of sector seven. I walked behind him confident now.
He began to tell me a little bit about himself. His name was Aaron Walker. He has one daughter named Nicole and his wife’s name is Dana. We reached a door. I’ve walked down this hallway a million times at work but I do not believe I have ever seen that door before. He turned looked me straight in the eyes with that confident smile of his and said, “The last thing you need to know about me is I am not what you think I am.” He then turned the door knob and walked into the room. I took a deep breath and then followed him in.
I was confused know. What did he mean by ‘I am not what you think I am” suddenly years of CIA training came flooding into my brain. I was prepared for anything. I looked around. I wasn’t standing in a room. I was standing in a palace. There were elegant carpets and big windows. There were plants I’ve never seen before and pictures painted by famous artists every where. Now I was more confused. I looked for Aaron. I spotted him. He was sitting in on what appeared to be a throne in the front of the room. He smiled and said, “Welcome to my house.”
From the look on my face he must have realized that I was completely and utterly confused. First of all I had no idea how we get from the CIA to here. Second Where was here, and third why does he own a palace? He got down from his chair and walked over to me and said, “Sector seven is not like any other sector in the government. Sector seven is the secret of my people, the secret of maglanda the land of the wizards.”
He walked me over to a couple of chairs. “Please have a seat,” He said, “I’ll explain everything in a minute.” After two drinks magically appeared on the table he told me everything. Maglanda is apparently the place where every mystical creature in the world lives, every single creature that we all believed to be made up. He was the king of Maglanda, a member of our kind and him made an agreement a long time ago; if they helped protect us, we wouldn’t tell of there existence. For years this agreement work but then the villains of Maglanda began to come to our world. They were creating trouble in our world.
As he was explaining all this to me I was wondering how this all pertained to me. So I asked him. He held up a finger and explained. There has been a bunch of crimes in your world where nobody could figure out who did them. There was no evidence at all to point to a suspect. It was like the person never touched anything. The person began getting sloppy and left a fingerprint, but in Maglanda they don’t finger print. The CIA couldn’t find a finger that matched so the members of the CIA, the highly trusted members, who know the secret of us meet together and called Aaron. Aaron thinks he knows who did it. He even thinks he knows who the next victim is. I looked at he eagerly waiting to find out. He paused. Looked me dead in the eyes and said, “Your daughter.”

xenon333 PLATINUM, Billerica, Massachusetts
I. Love. This. Story!!!! I need a sequel!!!!! write a sequel!!!! LOVE IT!!!!!