Year 3000: How a Day Starts | Teen Ink

Year 3000: How a Day Starts

By belinduhhx3 BRONZE, Commack, New York
belinduhhx3 BRONZE, Commack, New York

Beeeeeep beep beeeeep the alarm clock rang from my side table. I couldn’t believe it was already six in the morning. “Alarm Off.” I commanded as I got up from my bed. “Radio On.” I said as I went inside my bathroom. The silence was suddenly filled with techno music – my favorite. Myra, my own personal robot that I got for Christmas, appeared by the doorway.

“How may I be a service to you, Belinda?” Myra asked.

“Myra, can you please help me curl my hair?”

“Most certainly, Belinda.” She said as she plugged in the curling iron. I began to brush my teeth as Myra curled my hair. “I am done.”

“Nice job Myra, you’re getting good at this! Okay, can you get my clothes out and ready for me? I already picked what I want to wear on the outfit screen.”
I stepped out of the bathroom and into the changing box. Metal hands started popping out of the wall helping me change into my school outfit. I then got out of the box and into the house elevator. I pressed the button “kitchen” and suddenly the elevator moved left and then down. It suddenly stopped moving and the door flung open.
“Morning Belinda, are you ready for school?” my mom asked as I sat at the kitchen table. I simply nodded back my answer. The house robot, Rhonda, came up to the table to give my mom a cup of coffee. I wrinkled my nose at the smell of coffee; I never really enjoyed it. A virtual menu screen popped up in front of me. I decided to get the banana muffin and a cup of hot chocolate. I pressed the to go button. Within a couple of seconds Rhonda had came up to me with my food all packaged and ready to go.
“Bye mom, off to school….yay…” I waved good bye to my mom and walked outside. I pulled out my flying car keys and started the car.

JHale_44 GOLD said...
JHale_44 GOLD, Roseville, Michigan

"Love is a mystery, and a lot of mysteries dont get sloved."

- Ivory Tears

Wow. That was really good. Maybe you could look at my stuff some time!