The Bridge on Porter Street 2/10 | Teen Ink

The Bridge on Porter Street 2/10

November 23, 2009
By jmajor8713 GOLD, ******, Massachusetts
jmajor8713 GOLD, ******, Massachusetts
10 articles 0 photos 2 comments

My homeroom teacher loved to talk about superstitions and myths; I never believed any of them.
“Did anyone ever hear of the Porter Street Blob?”
This caught my attention, “No what about it?” I asked.
“There is a blob that lives under Porter Street Bridge. It has been reported to feast on small pets” Mrs. Jones stated.
“Oh please, I kayaked there so many times and swam there once, there is no such thing as a Blob that lives under there.”
Rocco replied in a cruel manner, “Maybe they saw you swimming in there and thought you were the blob”.

I was not popular at school and was not in top shape. Rocco was the complete opposite of me. He was a bully, a jock, and was very popular. He looked like he took steroids as often I got my allergy shots. He represented his toughness with scars over his body.
Silva grunted back at him, “Say one more thing about Jon and I’ll sock you in the face.”
Silva was a girl from my school and she was not very popular either. I had a crush on her for a while. She lived just across the bridge near Tim’s house. Her shiny, dark ginger hair made her light brown eyes glow.
Silva glanced over to me “I can’t wait to go over your house for Halloween; it will be so much fun”
The bell rang and we went through our day but I couldn’t stop thinking about what Mrs. Jones said and my weird dream.