Black Wings, White Heart Part 2 | Teen Ink

Black Wings, White Heart Part 2

November 9, 2009
By freedombird GOLD, Staten Island, New York
freedombird GOLD, Staten Island, New York
10 articles 0 photos 17 comments

Favorite Quote:
your favorite color is the one that looks best on you


Mallory can feel her cheeks redden with pride and embarassment. What a mixture..! The two walked down the street towards the nearest diner. Once in the diner a waitress seated Casper and Mallory in a small leathered booth. She stared in awe at Caspers ebony wings that were folded neatly on his back. He looked up at the waitress and smiled gently. "Aren't you going to take our order?" he asked. The waitress blinked and returned to a natural state of mind. "Umm... can I start you two off with something to drink?" she asked in a shaky tone.Mallory leaned in to hear what Casper would order. "What do bird-kids drink and eat?" she wondered to herself. "Coke, no ice please...Mallory are you going to order?" Casper asked. Mallory blushed a bright rosy pink. "Oh..um a cup of water please."she said. The waitress scribbled down the order on a small note pad. Once the waitress was gone, Casper returned his attention to Mallory. "so....what do you like to do? he asked with a hopeful expression of trying to spark up a conversation. Mallory shrugged casually. "I guess you can say i'm an artist if you like to count drawing anime and manga art..." she replied quickly. "well i dont get to do this much, but i'm a portrait and landscape artist..." he said with a dimpled smile. Mallory's Brown eyes widened with surprise and envy. "Do you carry arond your work?!" she asked as she inched closer. "I did, but when you found me i didn't have it..." he answered miserably. "Well you can take one of my sketch books... and start fresh!" Mallory offered gleefully. He let out a chuckle. "No, it's alright." he replied.the waitress returned. "sorry about the wait..." she said as she placed the drinks on the table. "are you ready for me to take you order?" she asked. Casper glanced at Mallory waiting for a signal to say "yeah let's order". Mallory glanced up at the waitress. "Yes i think we are ready... i'll take a salad...please." she said. "Vegetarian?..."Casper asked. Mallory nodded and felt her cheeks get warm. "Yeah... don't like eating our Earthy neighbors..."she replied. "and you?" the waitress said shifting her vision to Casper."umm... tuna sandwich?" he asked uncomfortably trying not to offend Mallory."ok... umm shouldn't take long" she said as she walked at a quick pace towards the kitchen. Mallory blushed."You didn't need to try and make me happy with what you eat you know..." she said. "But it's my job to make you happy... you saved me..." he said with gleaming golden eyes. He tucked a strand of midnight black hair behind her ear."Um may i be excused... have to se the ladies room..." Mallory asked. "Don' ask me... when you gotta go you gotta go..." he joked. Mallory sprinted to the bathroom and locked herself in the handicap stall. She leaned against the door and felt her cheeks began to burn with passion. "ah yes... the poison is sinking in... the knees wobble, the blushing begins... WHY AM I FALLING FOR HIM?!" she whispered into the deserted restroom. "Please let him feel the same way!..." she wanted to scream.Afraid to leave the stall and face caspers perfect face that must have been carved by angels."I am just an emo-looking girl that has no life and sits in her room reading manga and listening to heavy rock music why would i hve hope that Casper would see something in me?! he has beautiful ebony wings and a perfect smile.... i have stick straight hair and converse..." she thought to herself.



to be continued.....

hope its enjoyed!!!


The author's comments:
this is just part 2....