4:55am | Teen Ink

4:55am

By Qtchan9 BRONZE, Holt, Florida
Qtchan9 BRONZE, Holt, Florida

I saw a light,in the woods north of my house. I glared at them for a good 10 min. They werent your average lights,every 15 seconds, they would fade,then slowly come back,brighter and brighter evertime. I was about to go directly to the lights to see what was going on, but looking at my watch made me debate. It was 4:30am. I went through with it and made my way out of my window. I knew in my head I should'nt be doing this, but the lighs were almost hypnotizing. I walked for 15 min straight and finally reached the lights. They were coming from a small sphere that sat in the middle of a flower patch. I gazed for a few min, wondering why someone would place lights in such a strange place. I walked closer, and suddenly had an eerie feeling. Like I was walking right into a trap. I paused and took a deep breath. Then I continued on and walked right up to the sphere. Bending down, I glanced at my watch once more noticing it was 4:44am. I picked up the sphere and at 4:45 felt something lock my hands to it. I tried removing my hands,it was stuck. My hands were like a magnet.Tha was when the lights beamed straight into my eyes. It felt like something ripped through my spine. Unable to stand, I dropped to the floor and lost consciousness.

4:56am
My eyes flew open. I did'nt feel normal. I was in my room, how could this be? One min later and I managed to make it a mile into my house. But my room was empty,no bed,lights,only a door.I went to the door and opened it slowly.I quickly walked down the hall way and made my way to the bathroom, were I slipped in the door and turned on the light as quickly as possible. Wondering why I felt so irregular,I leaned forward to the mirror until the point that I was face to face with it. I stood there in curiosity, wondering what was wrong with me. The tone of my skin seemed so dull. My eye color, which was usually a midnight green, had turned to a lifeless gray, and my lips ever so cracked. Panting,I urged to my parents room. Or what used to be their room. It again, was a empty sight.
What was happening? All these thoughts running through my mind.
My house was empty. I made my way down stairs, and out the front door. There were no cars, no people, no lights,no anything. I was terrified. Was this real? Am I still on earth? Where do I go? I collapsed in the middle of the road. But looked to the sky. And to the North of my house, I ran as fast as I could to the lights, there they sat, in the middle of the patch of flowers. Fading and getting brighter, just like I remembered. I walked to the sphere, and picked it up again. It immediately lifted me off the ground, throwing me a mile to my house , 30 mph. Where I landed flew through the walls, leaving no damage at all, and landed in my living room. My living room that had furniture. The sphere was gone before I could blink. I slowly sat up, and everything seemed normal.
I rushed to the bathroom, same old me, went to my parents room, were they were sound asleep. I walked into my room, and got into my bed, desperatly hoping this was all over. It was 3:30am and I fell asleep,shaking,and knowing I could'nt tell my parents because who would believe something so abnormal? I woke up and it was 4:30am. I unwillingly walked to my window, It's like I was being forced. There they were, hypmotizing me. Basicly calling my name. I crawled out of my window, and was on my way, once again.

Hello there! Thanks for reading my short story! Please remember this was written in less then 10 min. Someimes I get a craving for a late night story and just write to write. Hope you enjoyed!